<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Sunday, February 7, 2010



I have a picture of a collection of stumps I've used for blending my colored pencils. I use them with "Goo-Gone" to give the pencils a softer and more vibrant look. I really like the way it smooths out the pencil lines and makes the color look almost like it was painted. The stumps used with the Goo-Gone give me a lot of control, although I do still need to practice!!

The hummingbird and flowers stamp was stamped first with Close to Cocoa ink, then colored with Prismacolor pencils. Last step was to blend with the stumps. I am really looking forward to using this method a lot more in the future. I'm also starting to watercolor more and more...it's been a long time since I had those out, so it's time to work on that again too!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: