<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pearls and Lace Thursday #52

Stitches from the Past to the Present

Works in crochet as well as tatting are some of my very favorites.  I have learned both crafts (tatting is easy by the way...I learned over the internet!!) and enjoy them at various times during the year.  Whenever I see vintage work though, I just drool.  The women of history have left a wealth of beauty for us to enjoy, and just think...if you are a crafter, someday in the future, YOUR work will be handled gently and loved by someone and maybe even be blogged about!!


This sweet little baby cap is silky soft with a lining of muslin.  The stitching is wonderful, and I know that loving hands made it and cared for it over the years.  Though not my own, it has recently become mine, and who knows...maybe some day I'll be a grandmother to a baby girl and I can take pictures of her wearing it, and then pass it on!


The ball of thread is from the attached doily that ruffles and swirls into a large sized doily.  It's not complete, but it's close.  Should I finish it?  Or should I leave it as is by the original stitcher??


 The crocheted roses are from the Present...I made them.  I have a huge jar that I keep them all in...various colors of crochet thread and lots of roses!  I've used some on my heart shaped pillows (a few are on the pillow on the right), and I love the softness they add to my projects.  The heart shaped crocheted pink pin cushion is an older relic from a bygone day.  Well worn, it saw its share of pins and I'm sure was loved by the previous owner.  A whole shopping bag full of sewing goodness for a song!!





The tatting was from an etsy sale, as are many of the objects in that box, but they are favorites and therefore beloved by me!!




You know, I aspire to take beautiful photos of beautiful (to me) objects.  This particular grouping was the easiest to put together for me because it includes ALL of my favorites...sewing, roses, vintage yummyness as that awesome box!  If any of you have a similar box (with roses or something sweet covering it) that you'd be willing to sell, please email me and let me know about it...I'd love to add to my 'collection'!!

I am going to be linking up this post with a number of parties including the following:

Vintage Thingie Thursday

Treasure Hunt Thursday
Home Sweet Home
Feathered Nest Friday

Show and Tell Friday

It's a Hodgepodge Friday

Frugalicious Friday

A Crafty Soiree
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Pink Saturday


Be sure and check them out and also join the Pearls and Lace Thursday party here!!
Just link up your post's url code to the link below and show us your pretties!
Please no blog url or sales (ebay, etsy, personal stores) urls.  We just want to see your pretties!
Thanks to all who have joined me in the past.  I love your comments too! Y'all are so sweet!!!
Blessings to you all,
Doni




22 comments:

Concetta said...

Hi Doni!
I wish I had your incredibe talent! I love your exquisite artistry!
Have a blessed day my friend!
<><
Concetta

LV said...

What wonderful collection of lovely baby treasures.

A Treasured Past said...

Hi Doni, that is the prettiest baby cap in the world. I hope one day you are blessed with a beautiful granddaughter too.

I can see why you love your little box, it is prefect! Wishing you a great day, Tamara x

outjunking said...

I have always loved sewing boxes they are full of stories. Great treasures. Your 313 follower.
Pop by my blog for a visit sometime,
lisa

Susan said...

I love every single one of your treaures! Especially the little pink bonnet!

Cindy said...

To me that looks like a box of treasures. I love going through boxes where everything is cherished. have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Oh what nice goodies. Your sewing box is a treasure! Hugs!

Karie said...

Doni, What beautiful things you have. I love "threads" of all kinds. I can tell you truly love and appreciate the treasures you have. Thank you so much for sharing. I would love to link up with you for Pearls and Lace Thursdays. I am linking my beautiufl roses today, but next time it will be my beautiful treasured "threads". Thanks so much, Karie

Blue Creek Home said...

This is a beautiful post. I love old needlework too. And, I can't believe you learned to tat over the internet!!
I love your roses. Thanks for coming to THT.
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

what a lovely collection of pretty sewing notions, lace and your own crocheted roses! Visiting from Hodgepodge Friday (we're neighbors). take care!

Coloradolady said...

Doni, I swear, it is so hard to focus on your wonderful vintage post with those pups at the top of the page...oh, what eye candy here today!!! Have a great weekend and happy VTT!

Angela said...

I loved looking trough your crochet treasures, I think i would be nice to finish that big doily and make it into a pretty baby blanket, so you can, together with the baby hat, start a future grand-baby set.
Hugs,
Angela.

Diann said...

Oh what an awesome find! I would have been in heaven finding all these gorgeous treaures! Just beautiful to look at! Thank you for joining TTF and have a wonderful weekend!

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

I love all these goodies - I can never get enough of this vintage stuff and fluff!

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by. I'm sorry about your mom.I never thought of the hospice facilities. What a good idea. Thank you also for listing my blog in your side bar.HPS!

mypinkprettiesaboutme said...

Doni, I love your pinks & your pups. Have a safe and happy holiday.

HPS

LL

Char said...

I would love to run my fingers through all your lovely treasures Doni. What fun I could have.
Happy 4th, Char

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Doni, What beautiful photos and your pups are adorable! Thank you for joining my party this week.
xo,
Sherry

Holly said...

Your pictures are so beautiful - very professional. They are my favorite things too - vintage, roses, and pink!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Happy PS
Oh my mouth is watering at such treasures.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

A lovely grouping....
Have a pinkishly beautiful Independence Day weekend

The Artful Diva said...

You are very skillful with a crochet hook. Your work is beautiful! Happy 4th of July and PS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: