<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pearls and Lace Thursday #81 Red Notions Love

After telling you all last week that my favorite color growing up was RED, I decided to do a post not only about red, but about what I've been up to lately!
I've been cross-stitching again!
I pulled out the flosses, aida cloth, magazines and books.  I found all my old hoops and needles, and a number of unfinished works (finished 2 of them!!), and now I've started the redwork sampler you see here.



I started this red sampler while I was waiting for an order of floss and material to come in so that I could actually get started on a DIFFERENT sampler.  I liked this one fine, but I can't wait to finish it so I can start the other!!!  Am I strange?





In the picture above, you can see a number of things that I've made over the years.  The smallest heart pillow, the plaid pillow, as well as the lacy pillow and crocheted roses!  The embroidered rose scarf was made by my dear birthmother.



Red.  Deep dark red.  Not that bright red, but garnet red.  Another favorite!  I have so many colors that I'm partial to...do you?  Or do you just favor one??
Be sure and have a look at the parties I love posted on my sidebar...I'll be joining with some of them this week to share this post.
Please join me now for Pearls and Lace Thursday!  It's time to add your url code to the link below.  I have been having a blast going by and reading each of your blog posts, and I've found some brand new friends along the way!  Also, if I have not left you a comment on your blog, it is ONLY because of the blogger problems OR there is no place to leave a comment!!!  I've loved each of your posts.   Thanks to each of you for joining me, and a hug to each of the newest followers that have come by to visit!
Blessings, Doni


21 comments:

Diane said...

What a beautiful and elegant sampler you are working on. Red is my favourite colour as well! Thank you for hosting my friend. Diane

Unknown said...

Love love the mini heart pillow!
I don't think I've seen buttons in this shade before...they always were too bright. Thanks for the share! Have a great day!

Cynthia said...

I love your reds! I've always been partial to that color, along with green. Usually, rose, burgundy, garnet. . .deep reds. And the same with the green; forest, moss, etc. Don't know why I seem to always be drawn to them, not necessarily as a combination, though. I'm not one who likes "traditional" red & green Christmas decorations, instead I love ivory and old gold/silver/pewter for my holiday ornaments. Does that seem strange?

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Love all the red buttons! So cool! I linked up my completed quilt with the hearts.
Thanks for hosting!

Jeanne said...

Good for you for finishing some of your projects. That is my goal for 2012 too. The red and white is lovely and your photos are too. Your handwork is beautiful.
Hugs, Jeanne

c. Joy said...

Love the red and white! Very Valentine-y.

Coloradolady said...

I soo need to be finishing up things too...however, I always want to start something new! Your sampler is so pretty. Happy VTT

Sew Can Do said...

This time of year makes me embrace all shades of red (which I normally don't use/wear very much). It's gotten me to love it and I agree that the garnet red is so pretty!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh your reds are dreamy. This looks like a Valentine's sampler. Really beautiful. Thanks for hosting! I am all linked up. Hope you can share your notions at our linky party.

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love redwork! And I love you pearls and lace...I'm gonna have to join in next time. J hope you can come by my bloghttp://brownginghamcreations.blogspot.com/2012/01/this-week-began-my-brown-gingham.html and enter my giveaway!

MomWaldsPlace said...

What a beautiful collection! It is wonderful that you are finishing projects. It is such a good feeling. You have quite a collection of reds. My goodness!

Stop on over to my place sometime, and see some of my handwork goodies.

Diann said...

Oooh, so many pretty red treasures! And the sampler is just wonderful! Thank you for joining TTF and I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Oh this is a lovely place, and I love those reds!
Blessings Linnie

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hi Doni,
Happy cross stitching...it's nice that you have started again. I plan to do some cross stitch this year too. When you love different styles of craft and stitching it's hard to decide what to do next.....you(I) want to do them all...and do it now!!
God Bless
Barb from Australia

Trish said...

No Doni, you don't sound 'strange' to me at all!
I know just what you mean :-)
Your red sampler is beautiful!
I've always wanted to do a red one myself..you are inspiring me to get stitching, lol!
Thanks for linking this lovely post to LACE.
grace to you in Jesus Christ...Trish

Chris said...

Hi Doni, what a beautiful blog you have. What a perfect collection, just ready for Valentine's Day. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Michele said...

your photos are absolutely delicious. all the pretty reds, stitch work and pearls are just a treat to look at. i always get happy when i visit here Doni! xo from michele

Bohemian said...

A Belated Happy Birthday... Blogger has been acting up so I've been unable to leave comments on so many sites! *Le Sigh*

Happy Valentine's Day too... and thanks for Hosting the Blog Party!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Red is beautiful!
- such a lovely collection, Doni :)

Greetings from Australia♥

citicasita said...

I HAVE A SIMPLE KODAK AND HAVE BEEN GETTING BLURRED SHOTS LATELY. MY SON SAYS I HAVE TO RELEASE THE SHUTTER QUICKLY WHEN i SHOT THE PICTURE.

As Google Friend Connect is ending I am now following you on Lynky followers tool. I would love it if you followed me back as well.

Thanks for sharing,
Diddie

Unknown said...

everything so beautyful! found you just know - thanks to samain-drobnostky.blogspot.com

Happy to follow you ;) Sona

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: