<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pearls and Lace Thursday and Where Bloggers Create 2011

It's Here!!
Welcome to the 3rd Annual Where Bloggers Create Party along with my own Pearls and Lace Thursday Party!  I have a lot to share with you today, and would be thrilled if you'd like to join me for the Pearls and Lace Party.  But first, I'd like to thank Karen at My Desert Cottage for hosting the Where Bloggers Create Annual Party.  I've had a blast getting my room ready for its debut.  Hope you enjoy, and thanks so much for stopping by!


This is a view from the door peering over tons of collected items looking at my favorite area:  The LACE PLACE!!  I have scads of laces and buttons and rhinestones, yumminess in every corner!  My most favorite for the moment though are the sewing boxes on the second shelf.





Recent additions to my space, they are so pretty and add such a touch of 'vintage' to the room that I'm drawn in the door multiple times a day to gaze and dream!! 
To the left of the LACE PLACE is the Scrapbook desk/area.  I have a ton of paper and SB supplies that I've collected over the years.  It's been a progression too, from a small space with just one table and a few drawers to this whole room.  One thing I've kept and won't change is the table (brown) which is actually a stock door.  I love it.  It's big, it was cheap, and it makes the perfect work area for many crafts, not just scrapbooking.





My love for buttons began years ago, and I've collected them at yard sales, etc. for a long time.  I have a thing for bottles and glass jars, so whenever I see them I grab them. 


I have found that the basic setup for my white drawers on and above the table have not changed much over the years I've had this.  I know where to find my tools and try to keep them put up....TRY...



An old drawer from a now gone desk worked out PERFECTLY for my stickles storage.  My favorite thing to use for storage is something old or vintage.  Plastic works, but if I can use something that has some character, I'm much happier.





The LACE PLACE is the best spot for me to get inspired to create.  I love to make lacy pillows, and recently I've learned to make lace roses.  Seems I have a ton of them. 





The front of the house along the window.  I have a tall white drawer storage full of....LACES.  Doilies, lovely laces and edgings.  The dark chest has lots of packs of seam bindings and sewing supplies.  The flooring is a long repurposed remnant from my in-law's kitchen.  I use one office chair on wheels and this floor allows me to scoot to each of my 3 stations. 


I don't have a fancy sewing machine that cost a ton of money....and the one I did have since I was in the 5th grade has now gone to sewing machine heaven.  This one is relatively new, and honestly, I'm still learning to use it.  There is actually the back of a large gray storage shelf behind the sewing machine.  I have put up a corkboard covered with material and a piece of lace and use it for a bulletin board.  Lovely vintage pinkness to inspire!


I have to confess that I've already messed up my craft table. 


I made a dress form covered with vintage music!!!  My husband was, well, not really sure about me at first....but more on that later.  I have to save something for another post afterall!!
There are actually lots more pictures and areas that I'd love to share with you too, but I don't want to overwhelm blogger and botch up the whole thing!!  I'll share them later.
Thanks again Karen for hosting the fun of Where Bloggers Create.



My Desert Cottage

Now...it's time for Pearls and Lace Thursday.  Please add your post's url code to the link below.
Share your pretties, your creations, whatever you love...even your craft room!!
I can't wait to see what you've been up to!

Blessings, Doni

I'll be linking up with the following parties as well.  Be sure and take the time to check them out and join in the fun too!  Have a great week, and thanks so much for visiting!!!

Whatever You Want Wednesday


Vintage Thingie Thursday

Treasure Hunt Thursday

Open House Party

Home Sweet Home

Feathered Nest Friday

Show and Tell Friday

It's a Hodgepodge Friday

Frugalicious Friday

A Crafty Soiree

Vintage Inspiration Friday

Thrifty Things Friday

Pink Saturday

Mosiac Monday at


Today's Thrifty Treasures at

Blue Monday at

Show Off Your Cottage Monday at
Metamorphosis Monday

Just Something I Whipped Up

White Wednesday

52 comments:

my cup of tea said...

Wow! You and I have so much in common! It is nice to know (due to blogging land)I am not alone when it comes to collecting and crafting!
I also am a pastors wife. Very nice post! Thanks for sharing!
~Donna~

Unknown said...

I gotta bad feeling this party is going to make me jealous. I need prayer!

kluless said...

Your art room is simply delightful. I choose vintage storage over modern, too. That way you get functional and decorative at the same time - perfect! I love the way you have your room organized and see a few ideas I might try myself. Thank you for sharing!

The Charm of Home said...

Your room is so organized. How nice it is. Someday when we get the basement empty of teens I might do this. Very nice! Thanks for having us and I love your dress form. Thanks for linking it with Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

I LOVE those pretty sewing boxes! I'd gaze upon them a lot too, lol :) Everything is so well organized ~ a fabulous place to create in!! Thank you for sharing your special space with us, lots of wonderful ideas and inspiration to use in our own spaces :)

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Lovey said...

Wow Doni! Love your creative space! So much to see and admire! Lovin' that lace jar! Great idea!!

The Old White Barn said...

So many gorgeous things - and all organized in such a wonderful way. I could get lost for hours in your studio! Thanks for sharing - and for the inspiration to use a dress form in a new way!

Susan

poppilinnstudios said...

Wow! I'm impressed, you're so organized! My creative space is in the middle of a re-do, can't wait until it's done!
-Lynn

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOW!! What a great creative space you have!! Filled with so much eye candy!!
Love those boxes and I don't blame you one bit for stopping to gaze at them! They are gorgeous!!
Thanks so much for sharing your lovely space with us today!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Create With Joy said...

Dear Doni

Your crafting space is so lovely - like you, I love beautiful boxes and pretty ribbons and buttons and lace so I not only enjoyed the tour, but I plan on re-visiting when I have a little more time and pouring over the pics so that I can truly enjoy the little details!

I LOVE your altered torso! :-)

Have a fabulous day - I linked up my tour as well!

Hugs
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com

Gail said...

Doni,
Loving your creative space and I love those old sewing boxes. I just sold one recently that looks just like the light green one with roses, ha, I was wondering if maybe you bought it from my Etsy shop (littlebeachdesigns)? You have a great collection (actually many great collections) and have displayed them beautifully...thanks for sharing!

trash talk said...

Your vintage boxes are wonderful and now I must fight the urge to go looking for some of my own!
Lovely space and even lovlier lace.
Deb

Pretty Things said...

I LOVE the buttons. I have HOARDS of them, but all mushed together, not beautifully presented like you do. And I love how you have all different kinds of patterns on your boxes -- yet they're all cohesive. If I'd tried that, it would be a disaster.

Love the name of your blog, too, btw -- makes me feel peaceful.


I hope you'll have time to visit my post:

http://www.prettythingsblog.com/2011/07/where-bloggers-create-2011-pretty.html

SixBalloons said...

I love that gorgeous oak drawer!

Anonymous said...

Love those sewing boxes, so pretty! I also really like how you organized your buttons into tiny bottles :D Very beautiful space, thank you for sharing!

~Alli

GardenOfDaisies said...

oh Wow! I love all the jewelry boxers you are suing to store the lace!! I have a couple like that and never though much about them. They are just gorgeous grouped together though!

Angela Weimer said...

A great space. So well organised. So much table room to work with that is great. Now off to the next place. Have a great day. Angela

Unknown said...

Oh my what a yummy and sweet place to create? I adore you covered drawers on your shelf so pretty! Thanks for Shari g!
Be blessed, Lorena

mypinkprettiesaboutme said...

PSI don't believe you room is any messier than you show!! It is just to beautiful to ever look messy. Thx for sharing,
HPS

LL

Donna said...

Love your creative room! We share the same love of lace and bling. I have lots of buttons, but not as many as you have!!! LOL

bertie said...

Your studio is remarkable! I love the collection of those colored boxes! You have everything displayed so nicely and it just makes me want to get to work on a project just looking at it! Thanks for sharing and I hope you will stop by and see my studio and say hello! bertie
www.queenbartistry.blogspot.com

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Oh, my goodness, what a wonderful room for creating and dreaming! So glad you stopped by so I could meet you!

Unknown said...

You have a great work space ! Looks to be about the size of mine , but yours is so pretty ! Mine is totally utilitarian , I really need to work on that , maybe after craft season ...

Karen Valentine said...

You have a beautiful studio Doni! I love that even though there is a lot of color, it all blends beautifully and is very soothing to look at. The fabric covered boxes are yummy too! Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us!
xo,
Karen

Lynn Stevens said...

What a gorgeous and inspiring place to create!!!
Wondeful ideas are everywhere.

Thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated!
hugs Lynn

Claudia said...

You have a wonderful space. And those sewing boxes are beautiful. I love stuff like that! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh my gosh...I'm so excited because I'm down to the F's! :) :) :) :)

I love your space my friend. All the fabulous boxes and baubles....YUMMEEEE! A great place to let your dreams fly...

Love to you~

Rebecca

fairyrocks said...

I love how light and bright your space is.
I too am wild about buttons and laces.
Your boxes look so marvelous all decorated and full of wonderful things to create with.
Terrific form. I started to decorate one, she didn't make the cut in time LOL
Keep smiling and creating.

Diann said...

What a wonderful and fun craft room! I love it! I just want to come over and play. LOL Thank you for joining TTF and have a fantastic day!

The Artful Diva said...

You have an amazingly organized work space. It's beautiful!

Maggie said...

Boxes and drawers, oh my!! You have so many--such great organization. Those fabric sewing boxes are FABULOUS!

maggie
http://www.themagrag.com

Jo said...

What a beautiful creative space, and so well organised! Thanks for the tour.

Debra@CommonGround said...

ohmygoodness, your space is so organized! I need to get there, it just hides behind closed doors. LOL! Thanks so much for linking up with VIF! xo Debra

La said...

What a great space. I would love to have a room like this...maybe the rest of my house would stay neat.

I love your babies at the top of your blog.

Unknown said...

I like the stacks of boxes (so pretty!) on the multi shelving. This is a nice use of space. Your studio is warm and wonderful. I bet you find inspiration here surrounded by all of this lovely stuff! Thanks for showing it to us all! *smiles* Norma

marie said...

You have a wonderful creative space and those sewing boxes are amazing. They look wonderful grouped together as they are. My favorite is the one with the trees...such pretty fabric!
Love your button bottles too!

Terri said...

What a Wonderful art room... chocked full of artful goodies.So organized!!!
Oh I don't know though...you might need some more of those pretty storage boxes...(wink)
I really like the boxes!
Thank you for the lovely tour of your Art room!

louise said...

Wow what a fantastic room - I feel creative just looking at it! I only have a fraction of the space for my craft materials and they tend to spread around the house. Thanks for the tour!

Char said...

You have a magical room to create in. The colors are soft and beautiful. So many lovely boxes and so little time. I wish I could go through me all and see what treasures they hold inside. Thank you for sharing, Char

Something Special said...

Oh I love love your creative studio. You have so many great ideas about storing things. I love all your tiny drawers from old jewelry boxes. and I hope you are flattered when I say that I will steal one of your ideas. I have 1 tall wooden spool, and some vintage crocheted lace that I want to wrap around that spool, after seeing all your spools with trims and lace etc. Thanks for the idea, and I hope you don't mind. Come visit me at my blog and be sure to enter into my ongoing giveaway!

"Create Beauty" said...

What beauty! the floral boxes, jewelry boxes, all the lovely treasures on display,
inspirational!!!

~ Violet

Unknown said...

Love your creative space. I specially love your vintage sewing boxes.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Rochelle said...

I love your pretty space! So pastel and lovely...time must get away on you while you create in this room!
Cheers
Rochelle

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great space, Doni! My eyes went to those beautiful boxes on your shelves first thing! You have got such a nice set up for work area and how you have your supplies stored. It looks like you would know just where everything is and not have to search for what you need. Thanks for sharing your creative space!

Debbie Burkey said...

Loving everything in your room! Those boxes are wonderful, that's a nice collection! Also enjoyed seeing your button bottles and your new and old Singer machines! Loved the dress form! I just thought your room tour and ideas were fabulous. I'll be back.

Debbie

Renee said...

You have a wonderful space.

I have to come back again.

Pamela said...

OMG your space is amazing!! Just wanted to stop by and invite you to Treasure Hunt Thursday formerly over at Blue Creek Home. Rhonda has passed it on to me and I would be honored for you to join us!:) Party starts at 8 pm central tonight!:)

Angie said...

What a bright and cheerful space. I could spend hours in it checking out all your nooks and crannies.

Marty Walden said...

Your room reminds me a lot of mine. I go in to just relish in beauty of creating! Love your room. I've also been collecting buttons in jars for years (love yard sales!) Here's my room if you want to check it out.
http://waldenbunch.blogspot.com/2011/08/scrapbook-room-remodel.html

summerland cottage said...

Hi Doni,
I just popped in for a visit and lost all track of time exploring your world.
What amazing vintage finds you seem to come across.
Your blue dishes are just so lovely, and I am a huge fan of vintage and buttons and lace too, well after perusing for a while I found the link to your studio and felt like a kid in a candy store!
So many goodies and so much inspiration just viewing all the bounty of supplies!
I Love that you share all the beauty and fun,
Thank you!

F.T said...

Your all post are fab, I really enjoyed visiting here.

Plastic Card
Discount Card Printing

Lady of the Woods said...

oh I can't stand it! this is my dream room! including all the colors! I have a "thing" for those spice jars too which I'm collecting I think for the same reason, as I cannot get little buttons which I don't have out of my head for them. LOL...this is fantastic! more pics pleeze! :D:D:D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: