<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hand Painted Pretties On The Table

These are some more of the lovely items I recently bought from sweet Paula in Missouri!  Be sure and see the post here for more information about her gorgeous shop!  My husband and I were looking over the items I posted about in the last post, and so I decided to get everything out and put it on the dining room table.  Won't you have a seat and maybe I can get us a bite to nibble on while we chat.





I have a number of items that I've found over the last year that I added to the table, a set of handmade placemats that were crocheted in small stitches...and I have a set of twelve!!  What an awesome find that was!  The spoons are recent finds as well.


The salt and pepper shakers were from etsy, and the cups, although not all matching, came from a little shop near me that had a whole table full of hand painted items...and my HUSBAND found them!!








The napkins are some of my favorites, and although I only have four of them, they will be a part of my collection forever.  The bordered plate below was from the Goodwill store...a set of five little plates, but today they will serve as saucers. 



Do you prefer lemon or cream with your tea?
I'll be having coffee too, so if you'd prefer some coffee, I'll get you some.


If I had some pretty pink petit-fours I think they would look adorable on these plates.
Maybe even some tiny pink iced cupcakes, but you'll have to use your imagination...as with the tea and coffee, they don't exist.  Maybe some day I can have a REAL party and I'll get out all the pretty hand painted lovelies again. 


So hoping you enjoy your Sunday as well as your week.  I'll be joining the link parties below, so be sure and join us for lots of pretty posts.
Also, this week I will be starting up Pearls and Lace Thursday again after a few weeks off.
Be sure and come back to join me and share some of your pretties with us!!  It doesn't have to be pearls or lace, just something pretty that makes you happy!
Blessings to you!
Doni

Mosiac Monday at


Today's Thrifty Treasures at

Blue Monday at

Show Off Your Cottage Monday at

Metamorphosis Monday

Teacup Tuesday at

Teatime Tuesday at

Victoria Tuesday at

Tuesday Tea for Two at

Teatime Tuesday at

Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday at

Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday at

Tea Cup Tuesday at

2nd Time Around Tuesday at

Vintage Thingie Thursday

Treasure Hunt Thursday

Open House Party

Home Sweet Home

Feathered Nest Friday

Show and Tell Friday

It's a Hodgepodge Friday

Frugalicious Friday

A Crafty Soiree

Vintage Inspiration Friday



20 comments:

Denise said...

Oh how gorgeous the set of dishes are.The napkins must have been a very popular embroidery design in the 40s or so, because my Great grandmother had the same ones that were passed down to me.Exact colors and pattern.What do you think or know about them?

Denise said...

After thinking about it and looking at how exact they are like mine.They must be store bought and not as old as I had thought all these years?

Gemma Wiseman said...

Such an exquisite range of beautiful items! Love all the blue detail!

Lorrie said...

Delicate, pretty china is always one of my favorites. Yours is so beautiful. I can't imagine the skill and patience necessary to paint those plates.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Beautiful!!! Wonder how many hours of work went into all of these beautiful items???
Have a beautiful day!!!

Snap said...

Lovely! I'm fascinated by hand-painted china. Just gorgeous. Love the embroidered napkins. Lucky you! Happy Monday!

SmilingSally said...

Ooo . . . Love that beautiful blue.

Happy Blue Monday, Doni.

LV said...

When you shop, you do it up in right. Never saw so many pretty things.

Unknown said...

What gorgeous finds! I love the pink with the blue on the pretty china!
Roselle

Kim, USA said...

Oh my those are gorgeous love it!

Blue water

Unknown said...

wow...these are beautiful plates! Thanks so much for linking to 2nd Time Around!

Jocelyn said...

What beautiful china. My mother in law was a china painter, so I have seen a lot of painted pieces. But yours are outstanding. Thank you for sharing.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

Lisa M Griffin said...

What lovely finds! The napkins and teapot would be my favorites... and you have my creative juices flowing thinking about a new watercolor painting now! Just love the charm of tea cups.

Unknown said...

Oh How beautiful. I love the pink & blue sets swoons in admiration lol Dxx

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Doni,
What beautiful china! The soft delicate blue is just so charming.
I had done a post for your meme a couple of weeks ago and then found out you weren't doing one that week. With blogger acting up it is hard for me to do anything these days but hopefully, they will get things fixed up soon so we can all get back to normal. I hope you will stop by and link up so folks will know you are participating in Tea Time. Thank you for sharing your beautiful blues today. Lovely table! Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terri said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Hand painted china is so beautiful and your pieces are stunning. Your tea pot too, is really pretty.
Thank you so much for sharing with us!
Hugs,
Terri

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh my goodness, your handpainted forget me not pieces of china are just gorgeous!! I love forget me nots! They are on my main set of china.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I love your handpainted plate. Handpainted items are my favorite things to collect. Your plate is stunning. Blessings, Martha

Kathy said...

Such lovely, exquisitely soft colored pieces! I just love them - what treasures! Beautiful find at Goodwill! I know these pieces will be loved by you for a long while to come - thank you for sharing these with A Delightsome life - such a lovely setting,
Kathy

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

I wanted to hop over and say thank you for visiting me and take a look around. I love love love hand painted porcelain and your collection is stunning. I love taking pictures of my pretties and I see we share that passion. Just lovely!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: