<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pearls and Lace Thursday #110 Lace, Lovely Lace!

Lace, Lovely Lace!
I will never tire of its beauty, its lovliness, its age-old shades of whites and creams.
The textures and patterns are a joy to behold.
Touching it and playing with it makes me feel like a child with a favorite toy!
And a room full of 'toys' is what I'm sharing again today.


I wonder how many hours of work these drawers of lace would account for?  I wonder how many people worked on them, who they were, what kind of lives they lived.  Were these pieces of lace used for clothing or bedding?  Were they kept for a special occasion or daily wear?  What countries around the world do they represent?  Did they see weddings or funerals?
You see, they are treasures to me.  They stand for the hard work and talented hands that created them.
And yet, they speak about a time in our history that was slower in pace.  A time when Family was important, but God was first.

God's handiwork is even more intricate, more vast, and reaches from eternity to eternity.
He knew before He created the universe, the end from the beginning, and He alone controls the enormity of the universe from the largest thing to the smallest.  There are no random molecules!





Aren't we blessed to be able to enjoy such gifts from our Creator??









The women who made these laces took care to follow directions, and they took time to create things of beauty that would last for many years.  God created things of beauty so that we would see them and know of a CREATOR who pays attention to the details.  
The details of our lives are not hidden from Him, and we can know that He is loving and caring in His works in our lives.  Whether we can see His Hand or not, we can know He is there.  It is His Hand who is in control of the most intricate weaving of the most minute details.


When life is difficult, remember the details are no mystery to God. 
His Word is full of the works of His Hands.


I hope you see the beauty of God's Creation this week!

Taking these photos has been SO much fun!  I am going to start pulling out the prettiest pieces and showing off their lovely stitches in my next few posts.  Making a pretty display to photograph is always fun to do.
I certainly hope y'all aren't getting bored with these!!
I'm in love with the colors as they go from light to dark in addition to the intricate threadwork. 
I know...I'm a goof.  Can't help it.  I just love beauty!

It's time for Pearls and Lace Thursday!
Add your post's url code to the link below to join us for the party!
Y'all shared some wonderful items last week!!!  Be sure and visit the parties I will be joining as well to see some lovely items that have been shared this week.
And here's a HUGE HUG for each of my newest followers!  I'm so blessed to have you visit me!
May you each have a blessed day,
Doni




Mosiac Monday at
Today's Thrifty Treasures at
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at
Metamorphosis Monday
Cowgirl Up Party Monday
Just Something I Whipped Up
Knick of Time Tuesday
Cottage Garden Party
Blissful White Wednesday
http://www.timewashed.com/ 
What's It Wednesday
Whatever You Want Wednesday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Minute for Me Thursday
Open House Party
Home Sweet Home
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday
It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Frugalicious Friday
A Crafty Soiree
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Inspiration Friday
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Shabbylicious Friday
Potpourrie Friday
Flaunt It Friday
Pink Saturday
Sew Darn Crafty

26 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thank you for this beautiful post and the words of wisdom. Our Lord is amazing and wonderful! I hope you have a blessed day!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Your collection is just amazing. I wish I could spend a day looking through your vast treasures. They look exquisite. I often find myself wondering the sames things of the vintage pieces that I buy. Thank you sharing such beauty with us. Your words are certainly beautiful and encouraging.

nancarts said...

Your photos are beautiful! The laces are all gorgeous! We have an awesome God...everything He made has a purpose and a plan and it is all wondrous when you think of it!
Thanks for sharing the lovely photos.
Peace and Blessings, Nancy

Blessed Serendipity said...

Hi Doni,
Your laces are so lovely. You have inspired my post today. May you experience many blessings today.

xo
Danielle

Unknown said...

Love love this post! Thanks for the share!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Such an amazing eye candy! The shades and the different textures... yummy! :D Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for hosting, Doni! Have a great rest of the week! ~Pernilla

LV said...

As always, you share the most beautiful lace ever. Such a pleasure visiting and seeing all your pretty goodies.

Sue McPeak said...

What an amazing Lace Collection and so beautifully displayed. I love it that you attribute the talents, time and efforts to the ladies of the past who with Gods Grace created such Treasured Laces.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Beautiful message and laces.

Susan said...

I share your love for lace!! Your photos are gorgeous!

Amanda said...

Oh my! I adore vintage laces! You cuaght my interest! I am a new follower and I've linked up my own lacey creation today! Thank you for hosting!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

What a beautiful collection!! Breathtaking, really! We were just talking to a customer today and we were commenting on how people back then wasted nothing! Everything was appreciated and when the first use was done, they put it to another. We are sure this lace has quite a story to tell for sure!

Pat C. said...

What beautiful laces... they are so beautifully arranged in their sweet little drawers.♥ I can tell how much you enjoyed your photo shoot--the pics are gorgeous!

And thank you for your inspiring words, too. Yes, we are truly blessed "to be able to enjoy such gifts from our Creator."

xoxo

Sweet Woodruff said...

I just found your blog through Knick of Time. I'm excited. I will look through it now. Thanks for hosting this link party.

Gail @ http://biblelovenotes.com said...

Lovely. I'm always attracted to vintage lace and use it to decorate when I can. Thanks for sharing these photos. Bless you, Gail

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Be still my heart, vintage lace and fabric...Oh I love it! You will have to tell us next time, where you got those drawers that you have the lace in?

Carol

......Michele @ Portlandia Vintage said...

I love how you honor this tradition and the women whose skills made it possible! Beautifully done. Such a treat to see your photos of your collection.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Doni, I am now a new follower. You have such a beautiful and inspiring blog. I found your link through Karen's link party at SewManyWays. I hope you will come visit me as well. Enjoy your weekend! Connie

Anonymous said...

I just found your site for the first time through The Picket Fence. I have "met" some of the most wonderful, strong Christian women in blogland! Thank you for the beautiful lace and pearls and commentary. So uplifting.
Janet

EJ said...

Beautiful laces.

My PINK is also a giveaway so come and check it out, you might want to join. Have a great weekend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a wonderful way to display and enjoy these beautiful items! Happy Fall!

Warm Heart Bears said...

Love the lace and the scripture! Thank you for sharing from your newest follower!

Lorraine said...

That quote pictured, from the hymn God Moves In A Mysterious Way, by William Cowper, is a favorite of mine!
Here's the first verse:
"God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform
He plants His footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm."

A speaking of the beauty of God's creation, stop by my blog and see what I saw this week. http://queenodella.blogspot.com/2012/10/speechless.html

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

beautiful post! lovely lace photos and inspiring
text :)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wow, so many beautiful laces.

Healthy Pink Snacks
Have an enjoyable Pink Saturday!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Thank you so much for sharing this inspirational post on Simple & Sweet Fridays. I love your collection of beautiful laces and such wonderful photos.

Jody

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: