<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Where Bloggers Create 2015!

Where Bloggers Create 2015!
It's Finally Here!!

Hello to you all!  I'm delighted that you came by to visit!!

Months have gone by and I've fretted and worried about whether I would be able to join this year, but it finally worked out, and I'm ready with my space!!

Thank you Karen Valentine for AGAIN hosting this awesome party!!
Be sure you go and see all the wonderful spaces that are out there. 

This year I decided that because I haven't changed my space very much since the last party, I would go into a bit more close-up mode and show you all the INSIDES of the drawers and jars that I collect.
If you want to see more photos of my craft room, click HERE, and it will take you to last year's post and will show many more photos of the whole room.  I also have it pictured on my side bar near the top for the last number of years and there you will be able to see how it's changed!

As some of you know, Pink and Cream is my favorite color combination, and I have a huge love for anything Pearls and Lace.




This shabby chippy pink shelf is a find from a local antique shop where I have located a number of chippy pieces over the last few years.  My collection of Vintage Sewing Boxes look awesome displayed here.  But you want to see inside, don't you??





I have to admit.  I do NOT know where I keep all of my stashes, but for the most part, I DO know CLOSE to where they are!!  I am always hunting around looking for something.  It's truly part of the fun to find something that I forgot about!  But there are lots of pieces that are kept out in the open!

I utilize many different shaped dishes and trays, bottles, vases, and in a variety of colors.  I love the pink ones, but I find that the clear glass jars do the best at letting me see what I actually have!



Tarnished silver trays and bowls are also favorites to use for my buttons and jewelry bits.
The edges are so pretty, and I think they really set off the contents!


There's just something about being able to rummage through a bowl of pearl buttons to find the perfect one!


Last year, I showed my husband my blog post.  He saw this bowl of threads and called them, "Thread Kabobs"!!  A number of you thought the comment was great, so I decided to add the Kabobs again this year...



I have quite a number of these glove boxes on display in the front window.  They are literally filled with laces and goodies that I am constantly playing with!  Here are a few close ups of the ones that are on the bottom:



I have many already, but I'm always looking for more of them.  They make wonderful storage containers, and are just gorgeous with their satiny covers!


The east window displays my collection of baby dresses, and I recently found a number of baby hangers that were identical to ones that held my own baby clothes.  I love the cute details on the hangers, but the dresses are absolutely stunning in their detail!


Pin Cushions are yet another thing I collect.  I like the old ones that look like they've had a lot of years of use and been well loved.



Now for my favorite boxes of goodies.
These little gems are filled with my absolute favorite pieces of lace, trims, lace making pieces, and embroidered appliques.












I truly believe that beautiful things have a place in this life.  But sometimes I find that I go overboard with them....and spend too much time or money on them!  Finding a balance is hard.  But when I do, it really is wonderful!  I have the freedom to enjoy without the guilt.



Here are four of the boxes in closeup.  The beautiful floral fabrics are delightfully faded, and they are each of them so pretty!


Lace Making pieces are another one of my loves.  Finding Coronation cord, and beautiful Duchesse lace pieces make my heart beat fast!  First, the Coronation cord.  It has a rice shaped design to it that people would bend and shape together to make designs.  I think the rolled threads look shiny and almost like oblong pearls!





Then we have the tape laces.  The braids and tapes are used in conjunction with each other to make designs that are highly sought after.  That's why I don't have very many finished pieces!!



The card above is an example I keep of each of the different patterns of tapes/braids that I have.
When stitched together, they make lace!






The tiny lace appliques that I've found over the years are some of my prized finds.
I think the delicate beauty speaks for itself.








I just can't get enough!!


Making new friends from near and far is a huge part of my blogging experience.  I have been SO blessed by many of you out there who have become dear friends since I began blogging.
Unexpected surprises and heartfelt love from dear ladies have made my days bright.



For future posts, I will be taking some of the photos I've collaged and showing them in a larger scale so that you can see them better.
And for those of you who Pin on Pinterest feel free to pin any photos from here.  You might also want to see my boards.  You can find them HERE.

I hope you enjoyed looking inside the drawers and jars this year!
Hopefully next year will show a room totally redecorated!  I have so many ideas!  I just don't know where I'm going to start yet!

Blessings,
Doni


37 comments:

Rosemary and Thyme said...

I love your studio. How beautiful. It must be such a delight and pleasure to work in such an amazing space. I am sure creative ideas come easy with such amazing beauty surrounding you.

Thank you for the tour.

Janet

Foxhollow Studio said...

All that vintage lace is heavenly! I enjoyed seeing your beautiful space and am amazed at your organization of everything!!!
Teresa
www.foxhollowstudio.com

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Doni!!!!

OMG!!!!!

Your collection of vintage boxes and gloves boxes is to die for in itself let alone the laces that they hold!! Stunning collection of lace and what an array of other goodies!!!!

LOVE,LOVE, LOVE it!! I adore the thread kabobs!!!
Truly a beautiful space where i can easily see how inspired you would be to create gorgeous things!!!

I too worked hard to be ready for this years party and did so much that i had to show it in 2 posts!! When you get a chance, stop by to see all that i have done!!

Thanks so much for sharing!! It was truly a feast for the eyes!!!

Hugs,
Deb

Wilma said...

Hi sweet Doni,
Wow, wow, wow....every time I see photo's of your room and your stashes, I am in awe !!
This is so gorgeous !! I absolutely love your post....the tour you let us make.
To see and admire all your wonderful treasures.
The colors are so in harmony, and all this pieces of beautiful lace..... stunning !! I'm in love with your glove boxes.
Love how organized you are.

Great that you posted so many photo's, I can't get enough of it !!
It's a joy and I'd love to be there with you and enjoy it together.....wouldn't that be just awesome ??
You will find one similar lace applqué, you sent me,(the one with the flower), back in my WBC post.
It's on the unfinished jewelry box. Will post about it when it's finished.

'see' you soon :)
Blessings and many Hugs dear friend,
Wilma, Shabby Royale.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness, what a collection of beautiful storage pieces for all of the lovely bits and pieces you've also collected. Amazing! A place one could spend hours in just looking at everything and being inspired.

FlowerLady

Leanne said...

I just love seeing your space and those little fabric boxes! oh my! I have a couple of them ...

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

Beautiful. I love your fabris and storage. Di

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Hi Doni, I was so excited when I saw you were joining the Where Bloggers Create party....I have dreamed of seeing your space! I wasn't dissapointed....it is just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing ....hugs.....

Tammy said...

Oh my! So much lace! I love that everything is out where you can see what you have.
Thanks for sharing!

Joy Junktion said...

I love your space, Doni! Those gloves boxes full of beautiful lace would have me mesmerized for hours! Thanks for the great tour! Happy Creating, Cindy

Olive Grove Primitives said...

Love Love Love your studio, all that beautiful vintage lace. Thank you for sharing. Lisa xx

Linda K. said...

We have the same love for laces. Wow! The monogram pieces are gorgeous to say the least. Beautiful!

Linda

jeanniemc said...

Loved. It. All. Absolutely beautiful lace and the glove boxes are awesome...thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hello Doni. What a feast for the eyes, such a wonderful studio. I love all the fabulous drawers, little Singer, all that glorious lace and the tiny lace appliqués, vintage packets. It's all wonderful! THANKYOU for the tour. Karen.x

bobbie said...

I really like your baby dresses 'curtains' ~ and I'm drooling over your stash of laces!
Thanks for showing us your 'insides'!

Maureen Hayes said...

Doni,

What a lovely idea to give us a close up peek at your goodies this year. Thank you for doing that. I have enjoyed seeing your room, but it is always fun to get to see what people use, collect and decorate with. I have to ask, where do you ladies find such beautiful laces, appliques, the piece parts that become laces, etc? I NEVER see things like this except in these room tours and I would love to create using some of it myself but I don't know where to start. I love the childrens dresses in your window, I had done something similiar in a past room using vintage nightgowns. I just moved and don't have a room set up yet so I am not on the tour this year. Hopefully next year!

I love many of the same things as you, especially white and pink, laces and pearls, anything pretty and girly! Thank you for the peek into your stash and for your generosity in showing us around.

Love and prayers,
Maureen

Rhonda said...

I'm drooling over your collection of lace. Wow,so beautiful and truly inspiring.

Art and Sand said...

Beautiful supplies in a gorgeous workspace.

Lori said...

Doni--your space is as gorgeous as ever. I remember visiting it for the past few years. I still love those glove boxes. I've yet to find one in my area. I just love everything about your room. And there's so much lace! Wowzers! I am a lace lover and have little of it now as it's been given away or used in projects over the years. I am just in love with your collection of lace. TFS!

GranthamLynn said...

Oh Doni. I love your space. I love the Pink and Cream. You have some creative ways of storing and displaying. I was reading and jumped up in the middle and dug a tea cup saucer out of the kitchen cabinet and ran it to my space! You inspired. I love the way you displayed the baby clothes. I have my daughters dresses. I just found at Christmas. I was looking at them the other day and trying to figure out how to display them. Thanks for sharing your space. I loved the tour.

Connie said...

Oh my goodness! I have never seen so much lace in my life. I especially love the lace monograms................sew pretty. You have so many wonderful collections of button, pincushions and lets not forget those adorable baby dresses. I am so glad that I had this opportunity to look into your space . . . I am in awe.
Thank you for sharing.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Sandra Kaye said...

WOW!!!! This is the most delightful place!!! All the lace and trims...just yummy!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Sandy said...

Quick fan me, I've gone into a swoon over your collection of , vintage boxes and laces! I love boxes and have only a couple of shelves of vintage ones, yours are divine. The laces are amazing, I can't imagine so many wonderful pieces to create with at the fingertips! Awesome studio and stash, thanks for sharing.

Karen Valentine said...

I have no words... Ok, maybe just a few. Stunning, delightful, mesmerizing, fabulous, and here are a couple more... jealous and envious!! LOL! Your studio is so awesome and I want those vintage sewing boxes bad!!! I have never found any though I seriously searched. Oh wait.... I know why... you have them all!!! Thank you so much for joining the party and letting us all have a peak inside. Please do not let the fact that nothing has changes stop you from sharing it with us again next year. It is always fun to come for a visit. :)
xo,
Karen

Michelle said...

Those vintage sewing boxes are beautiful. I love you collection lace, crocheted doilies, and linens. Such a beautiful space.

A Bit of Colour said...

OMGosh!! I am just drooling! What beautiful eye candy!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an awesome and creative space you have. I'm so impressed with the glove boxes and the jewelry boxes you fill with all your laces. In fact, I've never seen or even heard of these wonderful glove boxes before. They must be quite old. Regardless, I love them and everything about your very romantic space. Thanks for inviting me in!

Unknown said...

Your space is divine! What fun you must have creating and "discovering" new treasures in your studio. I love how you so prettily store and display your collections. Thanks for letting me visit! 😍

Diana Seal said...

WoW, I think a went to vintage lace heaven! What a sweet space Doni, I think I never seen so much beautiful lace and buttons in my life!
Thanks for sharing your great space!

maggiegracecreates said...

I love your place so much ---- and each time I make crochet roses from your pattern, i pray for you the entire time i'm crocheting. love my friend

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

So many lacy and pink lovelies, really enjoyed looking at your pictures. Love the little penny sized lace appliques, great find. And the children's dresses look so dreamy and delightful hanging in front of that window.
Thanks for the tour to your lovely creative space!

Lisa said...

Wow what a post! I have to confess I don't spend much time blog hopping but saw this on Pinterest and couldn't look away! What an astounding supply of gorgeous-ness you have collected. Your papered sewing boxes are the best I've seen. I've never seen feather stitching or whatever that lace braid was called. Now I'm obsessed with it. And where on earth did you find all your monograms on lace? I think I have one which I've hoarded for years. Thanks for the eye candy.
Lisa

Curtains in My Tree said...


Oh that was fun seeing all your lace treasures
I'm glad now I kept a box of old lace when I cleaned
out my stashes

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous crafting studio! I love the soft colors and all the lace!

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Doni, everything is beautiful! You are the keeper and care giver of some very precious and beautiful things. I love the baby dress but my favorite has to be the lace medallions with monograms on them. I love your beautiful space and all the contents there in. I was tickled to see the tin and journal and they do fit lovely into your collection of beautiful things. Hugs, Beverly

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh my word Oh my word! I'm speechless! (well, close : )
Thank you so very much Doni for sharing your hear-felt treasures~
I love love it all; but I must say the flatter rectangle (flowered) boxes are my favorite! (the one's I think you said hold your fave treasures:)
I just don't know where to begin! So, I will just say again, THANK YOU! for such a wonderful tour~ Karen O

Beate said...

Hi Doni,
I am thrilled again. Your Craft room is so beautiful. I never have seen. I think I am in the heaven.
Your creations are outstanding, gorgeous. Love, love what you made. I am a new subbie on your YT channel. (strandnixe1)
thanks for sharing your room and your wonderful works.
Big hugs
Beate from Germany

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: