<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Saturday, July 18, 2015

More Lace to Share With You.

The Rest of the Story!


My last post was the Where Bloggers Create Party, hosted by Karen Valentine.  If you'd like to see what I shared on that post, scroll down after this one, or click here.
The gist of my post was sharing what was IN all my drawers and storage jars.  Some of the photos I took were mosaics of the photos I will be sharing today.  My favorite lace appliques!






 These tiny bits of lace pieces thrill my heart!  I can't imagine how many women over the centuries spent countless hours weaving bits of thread into these little wonders!



The photo below is one of my favorite storage boxes.  It is half circle shaped, and covered in a gorgeous faded fabric.




I keep my favorite boxes in a special spot, on my desk.  I know that the contents of these special boxes are kept away from windows, safe in their vintage boxes where on special occasions, I can take them out, gaze and stare to my heart's content, or use a certain one for a journal or wall hanging.

I hope you enjoyed a closer look at the specialty pieces I've been hoarding!  I had a wonderful time getting them out and arranging them to share with you!

Blessings,
Doni

5 comments:

A Bit of Colour said...

Oh my goodness! Wrap me up in your lace! I just love your all your precious pieces!!! Thank you for sharing!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Doni,
So beautiful!!

Hugs,
Deb

Melanie said...

Oh my sweet friend you have the most amazing lace collection !
I even spotted our friendship 'M D' French embroidery monogram in your collection.
One day we truly have to meet and go lace shopping together.
Wishing you lots of happiness and laughter.
Melanie xo

Nanna said...

beautiful collection!

Helen

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

As always your lace is beautiful!!! I am so jelly of your collection. Hugs, Beverly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: