<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pearls and Lace Thursday #38

Faded Red = PINK!
Actually maybe it's more mauve, but still pinky nevertheless!
And I just love it.



I recently added the little box that the teacup is sitting on to my vintage finds.  It's a little sewing box or glove box and has seen better days, but I think it's time for a new life for it.  I wondered about perhaps putting some pretty vintage material around the bottom and sides, but I love the color.  The inside of it is awful, like it's falling apart and yucky, but after some tlc I think it will be sweet again!


My very favorite thing to share with you today though is something from FRANCE!!!
I saw some of these LOVELY music cards that one of you very awesome ladies had used on a tablescape and fell absolutly in LOVE with them.  Now, I play the violin, and these cards were just meant for me.
I am showing y'all 2 of them, one is even hand-written music and just awesome.


Lovely bobbles (don't you love that word...) of pearls in pinks and white...



and some very old beads from a broken necklace.



This very very old family album has lost its velveteen lustre, but the color and medallions are still beautiful.




And then there are Pearls, and Lace...crocheted roses that are a gorgeous faded pink in color. 
I love to find things like that!
Thank you for joining me for Pearls and Lace Thursday.
Now it's time for you to join me!  Just add your post's url code to the Link below and let us see what beauties or bobbles (there's that cool word again) you have to share.

I'll be joining these parties on Friday:

As well as all the Friday parties listed below:
Show and Tell Friday
It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Frugalicious Friday

A Crafty Soiree
Vintage Inspiration Friday

I'm also joining up with the ladies for Pink Saturday at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
be sure and come by and join the fun there.
It seems that I've been on a pinky theme lately...hmmmm
maybe BLUE or PURPLE for next time!

Have a blessed day!!
Doni







13 comments:

Donnie said...

Such beautiful items. I enjoyed hearing about all of them. Beautifully vintage.

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Oh, I sure do love all those lovely faded pinks, especially those mini spools of crochet thread. It looks like mercerized cotton, so pretty!!!! All the pinks were gorgeous :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Rozen van papier said...

You have a beautiful blog with beautiful pictures!

Regards Janny

Cindy said...

What a lot of pretty! Everything is wonderful. Great post!

pinkkandy said...

Happy....sweet and sugary pink Saturday.....Have a wonderful week end and God Bless You!
so pretty!!!!

♥ Miss Tea said...

How beautiful! I love the pink teacup, the old vintage album and the box, the music sheet are so pretty, everything is gorgeous, you sure know how to take photos just like out of vintage magazine!! I love it! lace and pearls...and the bobbles too! Happy Pink Saturday!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Doni,
What a beautiful vignette!! Just gorgeous!!

HPS!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Cindy Lew's Studio said...

I cant decide which I love the most, they are all so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy your day!!!

Happy Pink Saturday
Warm Wishes, CindyLew

A Few Pennies said...

Pretty posting! I'm loving the variations of the pinks you put together.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Love the worn velvet on box and book....I really just love boxes but that's another story. Wonderful blog, I came over from Pink Saturday and I am so glad I did. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.

Annette said...

Oh my gosh - what beautiful vignettes!!! I am hopping onto your followers list so I will see you again soon.
Hugs,
Annette

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


Lace and pearls look wonderful together!


~ Gabriela ~

Unknown said...

Stunning! I love how faded reds and maroons can end up being PINK! I love those music cards too! Now I am going to be searching on Etsy for some!
Visiting from Common Ground
Roselle

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: