<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pearls and Lace Thursday #41

The Vintage Scrap Cards
Old shoes and lots of flowers.
I remember my grandmother's shoes, but they were nothing like these.  They were black tie-ons with meager heels, up to the ankle and always the same, whether new or not.  Always black.
Now these, they are cool!




I just love the artwork from this time period.  So romantic and flowery, just so sweet.



The salt and pepper shakers are a recent Etsy find!  So was the pink lacey stuff...and in fact since it's pink, I'm going to join in with the Pink Saturday Party at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ and share it with them!!
I saw them and just HAD to have them!


Now, the picture below is because I wanted to tell y'all how sweet my hubby is.
Have you all seen the commercial that has the little pet giraffe in it?  The one that sits next to his rich owner and kisses him, then in the newest commercial he is exercising on a treadmill, finishes and throws a kiss to the rich owner.  I think that's the cutest giraffe I've ever seen.  LOVE HIM!!
Oh I want one.  Can you imagine, sitting with you on the sofa, walking around the house looking so cute???
Well, my husband knows I love this little giraffe, so he got me one:


My giraffe has been placed to the right of my computer screen and now watches me blog.
He throws me a kiss every now and then, and he loves your blogs.

Over the last few months I've been noticing some cute word verification codes for me to type in to the blank when I comment on your blogs.
I guess this one is goes before the second one, because if you are:


then you must be:


And because I'm a scrapbooker, this one would also be appropriate:


Just a bit of fun for today.
Anyway, if you would like to join me for Pearls and Lace Thursday and attach your post's url code to the link below, please feel free to do so.  Please also link back to this post in yours, and use only the code for your post, not your blog. 
Thanks so much for your sweet comments too.
Blessings, Doni


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a cute post! I love that early artwork too...and your "word verifications" cracked me up! :) Love it!

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah

Momgen said...

So pretty pink shot..Happy PS!

mine is here

pinkkandy said...

Happy Pink Saturday.....so fun to join in all the Pinkness...I pray for God to bless each one of you...giving you peace and strength...enjoy the day!
Kandy

mypinkprettiesaboutme said...

I love your shoe & the PC of the shoe. great post. Have a happy pink week.

Jenny's Heart said...

What a lovely blog and great vintage images. So cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: