<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Friday, July 11, 2014

2014 Where Bloggers Create Party

I'm so EXCITED!!!
It's time for the yearly party of Where Bloggers Create hosted by Karen Valentine at My Dessert Cottage.  Karen has spent YEARS hosting this awesome party and I am now in my 4th year of joining.
Thank you for stopping by and browsing through my creative space.
My dress form, Nadine, will be joining us for the photos to 'help' me show off the collections of laces, vintage sewing items, and pretties that I love.


Nadine is excited to be a part of the photo shoot this year, and has dressed up in a vintage pink lace two-piece outfit.  The upper shirtwaist attaches to the skirt with hooks and eyes all the way around.  We decided she would look better with a lovely vintage swiss dot apron that was gifted to me from a special lady to help hide the imperfections in the dress. (Nadine loves chocolate and her hands being what they are, well, alas, it was quite a mess ; ) ) Also, Nadine wouldn't be seen without her huge pearls, so on they went! (hiding more chocolate stains I presume).


Vintage glove boxes and divided boxes play a huge part in helping me keep my collection of laces and trims organized.  They also look gorgeous!  The tray under the glove boxes is from an old trunk that had seen better days.  I have it filled with more laces and lovelies.






The north window is on this wall making a wonderful light for most of the day.
The floral containers in the bottom of the cabinet are from Michaels, and they are perfect for storing more laces and trims (what else??).  They fit perfectly with my decor, and I love the ease of use.  I may need some more of these!!
You can see the hutch (it's PINK!!) that I have placed on top of an old drop leaf coffee table that now houses some of my sewing box collection.  I fell in love with it, and so of course, I had to have it!



The child's sewing machines are so cute up here!  And the old tin roof panel is a lovely background for them.
Turning the corner is the east window where I have hung the sheerest white vintage dresses that I have started collecting.  I can't believe it when I find some of these.  Aren't they so sweet?
My sewing machine is covered in a plain pillowcase so I can easily access it.


I love using old or re-purposed jars for some of my laces and sewing items.  They make a lovely display, don't cost much (garage sales!!), and allow me to see what I have.


Small glass dishes and pitchers also make lovely containers for showing off pretty collections!


(By the way, I showed this post to my husband before it went live, and when he saw the picture above, he called these spools of thread....THREAD KABOBS!! )






Making the next turn, Nadine is showing you the work table made from nothing more than a solid door that is sitting on plastic drawers.  I've covered the lower part with a garage sale find curtain originally made for a baby's crib.  I cut it to fit my two desks, added a bit of old lace curtain found at a garage sale as well, and find that although beautiful and unifying for the room, it is difficult to access the drawers and storage beneath.  I may be removing them in the future.





I work here the most and LOVE how easy it is to be inspired.  Keeping my favorite things in view seems to give me the most enjoyment.  It sometimes gets a bit difficult to locate certain items, but seriously, I always find what I'm looking for!  There are gifts from sweet friends over the years included with my collections, and I am always reminded of generous and lovely friendships I've made.  Sending hugs to each of YOU!!






NADINE!!!
You silly girl!!  CUT THAT OUT!!!!


  This is where I keep all my little spice jars of buttons and baubles.  Lots of baubles!!
And this is also where the BEST of the laces and appliques live.





Oh getting tired now are we??


This lace book was a wonderfully fun project that I made earlier this year.  I think I had EVERY piece of lace I own OUT and I went through ALL my buttons and baubles too.  What FUN!!!


I love certain color groups more than others, but generally, the pastels are my faves.  I love pink and cream together, so my shelves display lots of colors but usually lean towards the pastels.  In the picture above, I have a little square purple sachet with a heart embroidered on it that I made when I was in grade school!
Items from my Grossmutter, Birth mother, close friends and loved ones are special to me, so I have them displayed to enjoy.





I love to read, therefore bookcases have been used a lot in my craft space.  But I've managed to put the books in other rooms of my house making more CRAFT storage!!!  And I still have more room for more LACE!!





So now you're exhausted???  Get out of my chair!!!


This is a dress form that is a Barr product of molded plastic, mod podged with copies of music from the internet!  I had a blast making this and LOVE the way she adds a touch of class to my craft room.  She is wearing vintage lace bridal pieces, the yoke being a gorgeous piece that I found on the internet.  The pearl and lace cap is one of my favorite pieces.


Well I say Nadine, jealousy does NOT become you!!!
Pouty thing!!
Well, I hope that you will forgive her obtuseness!
I'm sure she will come around in a moment or two.

As I finish up the tour, I'd like to thank each of you for coming by to visit me!
I had so much fun getting my room ready for you to see.  Please have a look at the rest of my blog if you like what you've seen.  And be sure and go visit Karen's blog here to see the rest of the participants in the party!
Thank you Karen for all your work and for making the party a yearly activity that we all look forward to!!!









All smiles now!!

I am off to visit all of your rooms and spaces now!!!
Hugs and blessings to you!!!
Doni

65 comments:

Heirlooms For You said...

It must be wonderful to be able to play in a beautiful room and to have Nadine that pretty and silly girl. I enjoyed my tour. Thanks. Carol

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

WOW!!! You have an awesome craft room! So many goodies to look at! That is SOME lace collection!
Silly Nadine! LOL!!
Sure was fun to see where you create!
warmly,
deb

Gail said...

I bow to you!!! Fantastic-ly beautiful work space, thank you so much for sharing it with us all!

Christine M said...

WOW Doni! You have such an amazing work room. I feel so inspired just looking at it. I can imagine how inspired you must get just stepping into the room. Thanks for the wonderful tour!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your studio is lovely. Thank Nadine for the wonderful tour. Oooh, you obviously make some lovely items with all that gorgeous lace!

Maureen said...

Oh Doni, what an organized, lovely space. I doubt I have ever seen so much lace in one place in my life!

And your hubby? Kudos for a perfect name - thread kebabs! Awesome!

Thank you for stopping by my place... you are too kind!

Olive Grove Primitives said...

love love love your studio. I really love all your lace. Thanks for sharing.

From the Attic said...

Oh my gosh... what a truly beautiful craft room. I would never want to leave it if it was mine. Thank you for the tour.
Chrissie

boulderdamcottage said...

Hi Doni, oh my goodness, you made me laugh out loud, you and Nadine! Outstanding! Love it! Your room is to die for! I mean, I would never leave! This is year 2 for me, and I had so much fun last year as well! I think Ill be UP ALL NIGHT! LOL Thank you for a wonderful tour, Im signing up to follow you and you have given me some MORE ideas! haha I will be ripping my room up tomorrow! Oh no! Maybe Nadine can help my two mannys! :) hugs Kat =^.^=

Bohemian said...

Doni I always enjoy coming for a visit... and particularly today when I get to peek into your Creative Space and see your enviable Collection of everything I also J'Adore! *winks* Love the Thread Spool Kabobs! *LOL* And am totally stealing... um, I mean borrowing, that Idea of wrapping my smaller Trims on Old Clothespegs now! *Smiles* Thank you for taking us on the Grand Tour. I will probably be up all Night now visiting everyone's Shared Spaces and soaking up the Inspiration and Eye Candy!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Michaele Sommerville said...

Oh my goodness, Nadine is a HOOT! I love how feminine and organized your space is, but I especially love the soothing light your room gets throughout the day! My crafty nook is in a downstairs level in our house with a very small window near the ceiling and a single window on the exterior wall. Sunrises are beautiful, but I have to use a lot of table lamps if I craft into the evening.

Thank you for the lovely tour!

Michaele (Twigs and Tulle)

Anonymous said...

You had me at the header, one of my favorite verses.
Your creative collections are spectacular. I would not know where to begin but I would definitely enjoy being surrounded by all that inspiration.
Much love.

Unknown said...

Amazing work space and amazing collections. I love, love looking at every singe picture, I could look at more!! I sure do understand how you can feel inspired each and every time you sit down in your space.
For the little girl in all of us, thanks so much for sharing.
Michele

Silvia said...

I simply want to run around your studio and dive into all the draws/boxes/jars and explore and feel.
Thank you for sharing

Lily's Lace said...

Oh Doni! I love the glove boxes filled with lace and the thread kabobs! I love the colors of your room and how accessible everything is. I have gotten so many ideas from your space, now where to begin! Great post!

Sandra Kaye said...

Super cool space filled with just yumminess every where!!!! Thanks for sharing:)

Unknown said...

Love your space. It is just filled with yummy laces and vintage items. Love the little flower and the dress form. So many ideas. Thanks for the tour. I am Janet from Graceful Rose.

Karen Valentine said...

Doni you had me at the first pic!!!! OMG... Everywhere I looked there was something wonderful to look at!! How do you keep track of all your stuff??? Gosh.. what a tough dilemma!! Seriously... my heart is still beating a little fast from looking at your pics!! Thank you so much joining the party and making it more fabulous!!!!
xo,
Karen

Kathy said...

I just adore looking at your room. I wish I could just jump in the screen! I especially love all those vintage glove boxes, a passion of mine, as well. Thank you for sharing!

Lululiz said...

Oh my, this is the kind of craft room I dream about. Your collections are exquisite. I just want to get into that beautiful room and touch and ooh and aah over everything.

Rita Barakat said...

So many pretty things in here! I bet I could spend hours in here andnot see everythng! LOVE it!

Unknown said...

What a magical place to create. Love your Studio.
Hugs

Charo

GranthamLynn said...

It is a beautiful magical place. Nadine cracked me! You have a great collection. Thanks for sharing. I linked my small space.
Come see me.

Deborah Weber said...

What a fabulous fun tour of your most wonderful space!

Judys Lace Creations said...

Oh WOW!!!Your lace space..Heaven!!Thanks so much for sharing.New follower.
Judy

Diana Seal said...

Amazing space Doni! Love how you organized and display all your beautiful goodies!
Thanks for sharing!
Diana

Ricki Treleaven said...

LOVE your space!!! Wow, I'm always impressed with artists who have so many different talents. I'm a women with just a few. Please tell Nadine that I really appreciate her as a tour guide. She is witty! ;P And by the way....I think spool kabobs make an interesting vignette. Awesome!

xo,
Ricki Jill

Art and Sand said...

I loved looking into your creative space. You have beautiful supplies and display them perfectly to both use and stimulate creativity.

Thanks for the tour.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You've got a wonderful creative space, Doni! It was a real treat to tour your space with your co-host, Nadine. : ) I could spend hours just looking through those shelves to see what goodies you have stored there. You have such a great collection of lace. In hindsight, I wish I had bought more of what I saw last year at yard and estate sales. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can find some this year to create a good stash.

Tammy...ClothandPatina said...

Such a lovely space! I am in love with all of your buttons and lace ♥

Thanks so much for sharing!
Tammy

Tazas y Cuentos said...

Oh...I enjoyed a lot this visit. Your studio is really fantastic. I can't believe you have so many laces...and those gloves boxes...the buttons...I enjoyed all the details! I especially love the child's sewing machines, I have been wanting one for a long time but there are very expensive here, lucky you having that treasure.
Congratulations! Visiting your space was such a pleasure, and I also visited other posts, I was moved reading the story of your adoption.
Besos from Argentina,
Silvina

Maureen Hayes said...

Oh my goodness, I try very hard not to be envious or jealous, but I must say your room, your beautiful laces and trims, all of it makes me green with envy! I think I would probably hit it off with Nadine as I am a chocolate fanatic myself! She did a good job with the tour and I thought she looked quite elegant in her outfit! Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous space with all of us. By the way, I am in love with those pink ballet slippers!

Hugs,
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Beautiful studio Doni! So many beautiful pieces here, a great selection of laces, bobbins, pearls and Singer drawers. Also love your Vintage Pin boxes and Old Tin Roof Panel....wow what a find! Thanks for sharing this wonderful space with every-one. Karen.x

Botanic Bleu said...

So many beautiful laces! I love thread and your thread kabobs are eye candy to me. Don't need to use it; just like looking at it. What a wonderful supportive husband to take time to read your post before you published it.

Judith

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

Oh, wow! Your room is a adorable and Nadine was a lovely host! I don't think I've ever seen so many pieces of lace and trim in one place, your collection is fabulous and puts my own to shame! Even the storage items in your room are beautiful, and are collections themselves, like your glove boxes. I can see why you spend many a happy hour in your room. Thank you for sharing ♡

Michellee said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your space. It is so organized.. and so Well displayed. I love all your bottles filled with tidbits and things and all that glorious ribbon. What I like the best is the scripture you have scattered here and there... Thanks for sharing your space. I'll be back, for I'm a NEW follower.

Cathy said...

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your creative space and Nadine! I think that something caught my eye in each of your photos!
Cathy
CraftyCat

Sandy said...

Amazing collection of textiles and vintage boxes of all sorts! Love every square inch of your vintage filled creative space. Thank you for sharing.

bobbie said...

I cracked up at the "thread kabobs"!! Good one!
Many thanks to the lovely Nadine for showing us around your very pretty space ~

Laurel Stephens said...

Thank you for sharing your enchanting creative space. Give my regards to Nadine, please.

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

love, love your space. Your fabrics, laces and what-nots are just great. Thanks for sharing. Di@Cottage-wishes

Lori said...

Oh. My. Word! Such fantastic vintage goodness! I just want to be in that room to feel and touch all this wonderful goodness. I love everything about your room. It is gorgeous! Oh and Nadine was wonderful in showing me about the room.

Chris Flynn said...

Help! I need a vintage napkin to sop up the drool! What an amazing space and amazing collection of vintage goodies. I especially love all the satin glove boxes! And, of course, the thread-kabobs! Thank you so much for such a treat! I'll be back often! Hope you'll visit my studio too! Sweet blessings, Chris

Annette said...

I would love to spend time with you and and that sassy Nadine in your work space. I might never leave though!! I adore lace and doilies and vintage buttons and baubles and all things pastel. What a beautiful and peaceful room!

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

You also have a healthy stash of lace (seen a few others : )
Your space is like a candy store and I love the glass jar with the white buttons in it.

Cathy said...

SOOOOO Gorgeous!!! Wiping the drool off the keyboard! Definitely Pin worthy! Thank you for sharing!

Cathy ♥

Patty Antle said...

Loved seeing your creative space. You have some fun things in there besides Nadine!

edy said...

Love the kabobs.....great idea...so many wonderful pretties.....I enjoyed

"Create Beauty" said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
so organized and lovely..... I adore the lace storage in vintage glove boxes, and the small dresses hanging in the window.....

Blessings!
~ Violet

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my Doni, Nadine is too cute! Love all of your gorgeous laces! The glove box storage is so clever and beautiful! Can't imagine where you have found so many. Don't think I have ever ran across a single one. So many pretties. I could stay and look forever! Visiting from Karen's party.
hugs
Jann

Blessed Serendipity said...

Doni, your studio space is one of my favorites. Everything in it is beautiful. I love how you have everything organized and displayed too. Just lovely!

xo Danielle

Romeo said...

Doni, Nadine rolled over my tail and then took the chair before I could sit in it to nurse my smooshed tail. Bad Nadine, bad! She is obviously a bit spicy today yes? Well I will try not to hold that against her, but only if she gives up the chair. I really like your studio with all the lace, buttons and organization!!! And once Nadine quits being a bad girl I will be able to sit comfortably (away from her roller derby feet) and admire more of your studio.

Thank you for the tour!

Romeo

Tammy said...

Oh what fun! I think if I had all my lace and pretties out where I could see them, I would do way more creating! Your room is fabulous. Thank you for the tour!

Tammy said...

Oh what fun! I think if I had all my lace and pretties out where I could see them, I would do way more creating! Your room is fabulous. Thank you for the tour!

Helena White said...

Beautiful space to create in. I envy all your lace! Your room is perfect!

❤ Helena
─ƤєтαƖ & Lαcє Ƈσттαgє ─

Uniquely Ella said...

Thank you for letting us in your beautiful creative space. Loving all that vintage goodness. Your dress form is adorable.
Blessing, 'Marlene

A Joyful Cottage said...

Your creative space is so charming. Nadine is quite a model and assistant. Lucky you. ;) Thank for sharing at Karen's party. I'm happy to be a new follower. ~ Nancy @ A Joyful Cottage

debra said...

i just stumbled onto your blog and i feel blessed to have found you. you are one organized lady. do you have any tutorials? i love the crocheted brooch that sits on top of nadine and would like to try making one with your guidance. you have inspired me.

Lace Age Girl said...

A beautiful craft space full of gorgeous lace. Lovely collections of stuff displayed creatively. What a space!

SarahGeorge said...

What a gorgeous craft room is that! Since I have just started setting up my small space for crafting, I might take your pictures help :) specially for storing laces and buttons.

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Oh Doni, I am so glad I finally got around to visiting you. The move to Korea has been so time consuming and i haven't had much time to go visit everyone. Your craft room is so fabulous and I am so jelly and I am missing my craft stuff and my sewing machine. Thank you so much for sharing, it made my day! Your hubby is tooo funny and I LOVE the thread kabobs!!! Everything is beautiful and timeless and perfect. Hugs, Beverly

The Old Parsonage said...

I'm swooning and want to peek in all the nooks and crannies!!

Leann

Lisa said...

Hi Doni,
I just found your beautiful space on Pinterest and can't believe my eyes. A kindred spirit indeed. I adore your studio. My favorite is seeing all your beautiful glove boxes and wallpapered storage drawers. They are amazing. I have dozens of glove boxes in my studio but can never find the wallpaper boxes and drawers. Do you have any tips for finding? Perhaps it's just the area you live. Thanks for an inspiring morning.
Lisa

Melanie said...

Oh I miss you my sweet friend.
If only the miles were closer and we could sip tea together and chat about our lace.
I think of you often.
Your room is simply divine.
xo

Gwen Simmons said...

Hi Doni,
What a beautiful craft space you have! Everything is so delicately feminine and frothy, almost pretty enough to be dessert. Love all your displays of lace and vintage pretties. Thanks so much for the tour.
Gwen from A Glitch in Time and O-Deer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: