<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Crocheted Buttons and Dried Roses

Finding beautiful things is sometimes rather easy, but finding beautiful things that are AFFORDABLE is hard!
When something catches your heart, you have to ask yourself if it's worth the price being asked.
I always ask myself if I am willing to pass something up even if I love it, would I always think about it in the future and wish I had bought it?  In other words, will I kick myself for NOT getting it?
If my answer is yes, then I go ahead and get it.
If it's not that big a deal, I don't need it!!

So, I couldn't live without these:





Seriously, who can crochet this small??





I love to dry my flowers, and over the years I have kept MANY flowers by drying them.  The white roses from my husband for a past birthday are so brittle, I might have to dispose of them soon, but they still bring back the memory of a lovely dinner and a huge vase of white roses!


Garden roses of different hues are favorites to dry.  And free.


If you've followed my blog for long, you will know I have a fascination for tape laces.  This piece of fragile loveliness is also a new find.  



The china pieces are red transferware that I find gorgeous to use in my craft room.



This piece is really humorous to me.  A picnic on the castle grounds, men lounging on the ground in suits and women serving them in long dresses.  Hmmm, how times have changed!!




My last post was this years version of Where Bloggers Create and I shared my craft room with you.  If you'd like to see it just scroll down or catch it at the top of the sidebar.  Many thanks to each of you who have visited, pinned, and commented on my room.  Nadine my dress form and hostess has finally caught her breath.  She says to tell you all how much she loved your comments!!
As did I.  Y'all are such lovely people!  Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and make my day!

And welcome to all my newest followers!!!  I really look forward to getting to know you!
Blessings to you all!
Doni

8 comments:

Mystica said...

Thank you for a beautiful post.

Lululiz said...

Oh my goodness, those buttons are gorgeous! I am always amazed at how incredibly fine some crochet work is. I just found a box of lace, some of it hand crocheted, at a brocante, and there were a few very old crochet hooks in there with heads so tiny, I could hardly see them, I thought they had broken off! I could never ever use those.

SarahGeorge said...

Yes, they are so cute and loved your dried flowers :)

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Oh my love love love you new buttons!!! You know me and buttons, I just have a thing for them. Hugs, Beverly

Wilma said...

Hello Doni,
I love your new post !
The photo's are so beautiful...the colors are great...and the china !!!
You were so lucky to find these wonderful buttons !! Totally understand you couldn't resist :).
Love dried flowers too.... especially roses !!

Huge hugs to you, enjoy your weekend,
Love, Wilma.

The Old Parsonage said...

I just had to click on these photos and enlarge them - such gorgeousness!!!! Love it all. I'm off to check out your studio.

Leann

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Just wanted to drop by and say HI!!! Hugs, Beverly

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Doni, you haven't posted in a while so you MUST be making something beautiful.... Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: