<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Friday, July 13, 2012

My Craft Room Reveal for Where Bloggers Create 2012

A huge welcome to each of you!  I hope you enjoy my craft room.
I've spent MONTHS getting ready for your visit!  Many hours of cleaning and reorganizing.
I've added a ton of new items to my collections, and have displayed them because I love them.
If you'd like to see last year's photos of my room, you can click here to compare.
Come on in, grab a glass of tea, and have a look!  You may open drawers and boxes to your heart's content...
A huge thanks to Karen at My Desert Cottage for hosting this awesome party!
  

My favorite spot (below) is the sewing area.  Not that I sew much.  I just love sewing notions and laces.
I have quite a few vintage sewing boxes that are covered in various tattered fabrics, and yes...
they are loaded!
Someone asked me if I knew which drawers had 'what' in them, and for the most part, I do.
I have lots of lace hidden in these drawers!  I'll show you some of my favorite drawers later in this post.


The seam binding ribbon is so pretty, I decided to let it hang low over the shelf below to help hide my most used supplies (pens, scissors, etc.).  I love the colors and sometimes just run my hand through it for fun!



As you can see, I utilize almost every inch of wall space!  The shelving is a mix of wooden shelves on simple brackets of metal or wood.  I use inexpensive jars to hold favorite buttons and threads.
The white plastic drawers have held my scrapbooking items for years, and I've recently added vintage pieces of music pages to their fronts to unify them.  The shelf liner is also vintage music, simply cut into strips with shaped scissors and adhered to the wooden shelves.  Easiest and quickest project I've done.



My favorite laces and threads have center stage, because I love to see the pretty colors.


I guess it just makes me happy to gaze at the lovely shades of colors.  At one time I thought I would try to use only one color combination (pink and cream) in my room decor.  I quickly found out that I couldn't live without seeing all of the lovely items I'd collected, so they all came out!


This large green floral box actually folds up.  I have it sitting on a shelf and it is full of counted cross stitch patterns and materials.


Using vintage storage items for my pretties has to be one of the best ways to decorate my space.
If I see what I have, I tend to use it more often.  When I choose something for a photo shoot for a blog post, I try to make sure to put it back where I will remember it!  Sometimes I have piles and piles of items on my guestroom bed where I tend to do most of my photography.  Thankfully I don't have much overnight company!  I love this little room, but have wanted to swap rooms with the guest room.  The light in there is sooooo much better than this room.  Maybe for next year!


At the time I am writing this, I have to admit to y'all that I've already changed these lingerie boxes around!
It seems that I'm always morphing, shifting, changing and re-doing something in this room!


Over the last few years, I have been blessed to be able to host a blog party called
Pearls and Lace Thursday.  I try to remember to place a Bible verse in each post, but I sometimes forget.
One of the most important things about my blog though, is that it is a place where the Word is shared.
Using the collections God has given me as a background, I'd like to share some things with you:















I hope that you'll each be blessed by my posts and if you have any questions, always feel free to email me.
And come back each Thursday to join me for Pearls and Lace Thursdays!!


Sneak Peeks below!  I have lots to share with y'all in future posts!!






OK...this drawer of laces above is my favorite drawer....





Well actually...THIS drawer (above) is my favorite!!




Hmmm, I have lots of favorites to be honest with you!!!

I think I must just be a collector of pretties more than a crafter these days.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to make things, but it seems that more and more I prefer to
just make it look pretty and then look at it...photograph it, and blog about it!

I hope you enjoyed touring my little craft room.  I've enjoyed getting it ready for you!
Now, if I'll just uncover the sewing machine and actually MAKE something!

A huge hug for each of you,
and a big welcome for my newest followers!
blessings,
Doni

parties I attend:

Mosiac Monday at

http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/
Today's Thrifty Treasures at
http://southernhospitalityblog.com/
Blue Monday at
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at
http://houseinroses.blogspot.com/
Metamorphosis Monday
http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Cowgirl Up Party Monday
http://farmhouseporch.blogspot.com/
Just Something I Whipped Up
http://www.thegirlcreative.com/
Knick of Time Tuesday
http://knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com/
Teacup Tuesday at
http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Teatime Tuesday at
http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/
Victoria Tuesday at
http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Tuesday Tea for Two at
http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/
Teatime Tuesday at
http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday at
http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com/
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday at
http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday at
http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
2nd Time Around Tuesday at
http://diane1876.blogspot.com/
White Wednesday
http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/
What's It Wednesday
http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Whatever You Want Wednesday
http://www.freeprettythingsforyou.com/
Vintage Thingie Thursday
http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/
Minute for Me Thursday
http://marciascraftysewing.blogspot.com/
Treasure Hunt Thursday
http://www.bluecreekhome.com/
Open House Party
http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Feathered Nest Friday
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Show and Tell Friday
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
It's a Hodgepodge Friday
http://itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com/
Frugalicious Friday
http://decormamma.blogspot.com/
A Crafty Soiree
http://www.katiesnestingspot.com/
Vintage Inspiration Friday
http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/
Inspiration Friday
http://www.atthepicketfence.com/
Thrifty Things Friday
http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/
Simple and Sweet Fridays
http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/
Flaunt It Friday
http://chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com/
Pink Saturday
http://www.howsweetthesound.typepad.com/
Sew Darn Crafty
http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/

68 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my what a sweet space you have creaed!!! Love it! Love how you photographed so much scripture with your tour too! Great way to get the Word out!! I found a sweet little vintage memory verse and pray card set too and love them to pieces!

bee blessed
mary

Kathy said...

Oh, your room is beautiful and so creatively displayed. I understand exactly what you mean about the colors. I see all those beautiful rooms that are color co-ordinated but I just can't seem to restrain myself and I have to have it all - haha! I will be returning to this post for additional doses of inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love all the pretty vintage boxes you used and having Bible verses around it a great idea.
Thank you for the tour.
deb

Susan said...

Wow...that's a lot of very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing, your pictures were awesome. Susan

Maureen said...

Love the vintage spools and lace! What a pretty room...

Faye said...

I could be quite comfortable in that room! You have all the things I love!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Your craft room is amazing. I love your drawers of lace. The verses are a nice touch, too. I would love to craft in that room!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Fabulous space so organized and oooh I love your lace collection!

Carol

Unknown said...

Oh Doni Your space and goodies are just out of this world. I love how you stored your laces and the wooden spools are my envy, lol what a fabulous collection and the laces oh my, we could have one good time together just going over each others treasures sipping a cup of tea! Enjoy the party, I have to go back a feast my eyes some more! Hugs Marilou

Unknown said...

Hi Doni!
O love, love, love your room...so much eye candy! Okay i have searched high and low to find sewing boxes like the ones you have, did you buy them all, lol? Honestly, i would so love to know where you have found them..Id love to have a few. Do you also know what the large satin box with flap that opens was used for? I found my large box and snagged it for only $8 a few months ago and thot i died and gone to heaven hehehe.

Thanks also for sharing the Word...love that!

Lorena

Betty said...

WOW what a wonderful room you have. It is just inspirational.

Unknown said...

Your space is wonderful! It reminds me of a candy store.... all of the wonderful pops of color. AND WOW - all of the materials that you have to use. :) The scriptures are so special - hopefull you can visit my site, soon, to see why...;) So happy that I found you, & have gotten the opportunity to follow...

Have a great weekend,
Heather
stringtownhome.blogspot.com

JoAnne said...

Wow Doni, would love to be let loose in your creative space! Just beautiful!

Teacup Mosaics said...

A virtual vintage wonderland! Thanks for sharing, it is just awesome. Enjoy and Party on!
Kelley

alba said...

ohhhh wow!!!!

Something Special said...

Oh I am a new follower. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love love all your vintage goodies and how you have displayed them. All your laces make me drool! I would love to come back after the party and see more of your posts. Have fun with the party

Lovey said...

Oh what pure bliss in here! I love it all Doni!!!

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

thanks of leaving a comment on my blog which led me to yours. I am now your newest follower and adding you to my inspiration list. So glad I found you!
deb

Anonymous said...

Doni...your studio space is so organized...so full of fun and pretty colours...i want to come and browse through all of your supplies like a kid in a candy shop!


thanks for sharing!
i'm on the link list too, for the first time.....do come by and have a peek into my little corner of the world and I shall make you a cup of tea!



ciao bella
creative carmelina

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your space is lovely and I love all of your goodies and the way you have them stored, displayed, etc. Very inspiring.

FlowerLady

Patty Marker said...

Just heavenly. I could get lost in there for days. You did such a wonderful job of organizing and displaying your lovely things. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Your room is so lovely. I'd probably want to just sit and gaze about & run my fingers through all the ribbons and laces.
CAS

deb said...

Awesome creative Space ♥
*hugs*deb

The Creative Bohemian said...

I love all those vintage drawers and the retro floral patterns. This room is just so inviting!

craftyles said...

I love all the vintage in your room. The colors are so amazing. I would not be happy with just pink either. Great storage ideas. Thanks for sharing this really great space!

BECKY said...

Love it Doni! Just love it! And what a fabulous stash! I don't blame you for just loving to look at it!! So pretty! Thanks for primping your space and sharing it with us!!
Hugs,
Becky

Love your heart for the Lord, too!!
:o)

Blessed Serendipity said...

Hi Doni,
I LOVE your craft studio. Everything is displayed so beautifully. I love all your floral boxes and your spools of lace and ribbon. So much eye candy. I am so happy you shared your special space.

xo,
Danielle

bois-fleurie said...

Your room is the best I,ve ever seen.I spend hours in mine but if it was like yours I think I would never come out.Beautiful photos ,beautiful blog.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Doni,
WOWZA!! This is an incredible space and i applaud your organizational skills! This post is chock full of great ideas and inspiration!
All your hard work that you did getting it ready has certainly paid off because it is just a stunning space that I would be able to visit for hours just drinking all of it's beauty in...
Thanks so much for sharing!
Hugs,
Deb

Marijke van Ooijen said...

Hay Doni,

Your studio is so beautiful..
Your decorations are so lovely...
and the colors are romantic...your
laces and ribbons are like a dream..

Thanks for sharing.

Love from Marijke
www.marijkevanooijen.blogspot.com

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Eye candy everywhere you look, Doni! I love it! I love how your shelves look. Love all those jars filled with thread. All your trims ~ I'd be in heaven coming into your room {and I probably would open a few drawers}! Thanks for sharing your tour!

Geralyn Gray said...

Oh what a great collection of vintage storage.....I can almost image the delight you must have when you find one of those...........I am loving the quilted glove holders!!!

June said...

WOW---WOW---WOW!!! SO many beautiful things to create with and look at here Doni. You have a beautiful creative space.

farmhouse-story said...

such a beautiful space you've created, doni:) the amount of pretty storage you have is just amazing!

Unknown said...

I love, love your creative space.
I can see why you love it and I can see why you are always wanting to play around with all of your pretties.
I, too love the colors of the sewing notions, so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing your great space.
Michele

Cache-Mire said...

What a lovely, organized, peaceful space you've created! Love it!! Thanks for sharing! ~ Terri

Sandy said...

What an amazing space to create in. I adore all the vintage storage chests and boxes, they are just wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'm loving all those floral containers!

StasaLynn said...

Love love love your space.... thank you so much for inspiring me today with bible verses..... Always wonderful!

I love color too and there is no real theme to my little room other than lots and lots of color!

I will be back and thanks again for the blessings of God's Word!

Stacey

Heirloom treasures said...

Donni, your room is to die for. I keep thinking I would love to be in it,to touch and admire and peek inside boxes and drawers.
I received the most wonderful surprise today. I went to the hairdressers early. When I arrived home there was a parcel on my doorstep. I thought it was the wool I had ordered from the Bendigo woollen mills (I'm making my hubby a jumper)
Buuuut,on opening the parcel I realised it was from you. I couldn't believe the treasures inside. Not only that the cute little case that held them. I can't thank you enough, I love it all.
I'll blog about it in the coming weeks,so that everyone can see my new treasures. My mind is full of ideas to use them. Meanwhile I will just display them in my sewing room
Hugs and many thanks again. Jeanetteann

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, this is amazing! I loved all the scripture verses you had scattered around your crafting space too. Thanks for the tour...now I think I will go work on my creative space!
Hugs,
Mary

Shell said...

Yummmmmmy! Love all your Vintage Goodness! Thank you for sharing your creative space!

Hugs,
Shell

Diana said...

Oh you have such a beautiful room. I will be returning often to drool. Thank you for the bible verses. I need to be reminded at this point in my life.

Anonymous said...

Well, I certainly could not resist clicking on your blog title. :) I think timing is perfect as He leads, so I'm still visiting Karen's party guests when I'm able to.

LOVE the Word woven throughout your creative space. Simply perfection.
I enjoy making simple tags to give away and they have a special embellishment that goes into their making...prayer for the homes they travel to. :)
Loved visiting today.
Much love,
Marcia

Denise said...

It was a real pleasure to tour your craft room.Your photo of the "Pearls of wisdom"was a darling way to give the Word.Denise

suziqu's thread works said...

Wow Doni you have a most wonderful creative space and I have to say that your two favourite drawers of lace and doilies are mine also.
Lovely to share our studios here at WBC!
Best wishes,
Suzy

Susan said...

WOW....that's a craft room. And all that yummy stuff! I want to come and craft at your house. Thanks for sharing, I am a new follower. Susan

Anonymous said...

I had to blow up all the pictures just so I could see everything up close! I especially loved the lingerie boxes. I have seen those before, but didn't realize that is what they were. What a fun way to store all those little bits and pieces. I enjoyed see your room, thanks for sharing!

Kadee Willow said...

I love a space filled with notions of all sorts. And those laces and trims... so yummy! But the highlight was the way you showed us these things with a Bible verse being so prominent! Just the best!

awal.ny said...

So much color I love it. Wonderful laces too.

Anonymous said...

OMG ! you have beautiful treasuries in your drawers. You must enjoy very much being sitted in your lovely creative space.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your comments.

Blessings and Bonjour de France !
Hélène

Maureen Hayes said...

Be still my lace loving, color beating heart! This is such a beautiful room that i don't know if I could create in it, I would be sitting around staring at all the pretties and drooling. . . lol!

Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeousness with us!

Helena White said...

Your studio is fantastic! So organized! I also do not craft as much as others, but I still get inspired! This is my first time at the party and find it a wonderful way to meet like-minded others. Your blog design is lovely. Thank you for the tour.

❤ ஆєℓєηα
ɱεɱσŗγ ɓσх ƈŗεąŧïσŋş

Rita Barakat said...

Your room is so pretty!!! I love , love , love all the lace! I dont use it much in my crafting but I do have some because its pretty! LOL! You even made the thread look pretty! What a wonderful space!

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Oh double Oh, what a lovely space and things, vintage things... Im not good at sewing at all, but I sure love all those laces, buttons and threads you have, wow. I could be a s pleases as can be sitting in there looking at your space. The colour combinations you have, displaying your collections are so nicely done.

Brilliant tour, thank you so much for sharing : )

Sherry said...

I truly love your space and all of the pretty colors were such a treat to look at. I also enjoyed the verses you shared in such a lovely way. I am inspired to work a little on my space this year.

Creative Grammie said...

OMG what a heavenly studio! I have lace envy, lace trim envy and thread envy! What an absolutely amazing collection you have. And yes, I'm sure you have more than one favorite drawer. Thank you for an amazing tour! I am now a follower of yours.
Hugs to you!

Annette said...

BEAUTIFUL just BEAUTIFUL, I know you are not suppose to enby, but wonder if i can envy this beautiful room and goodies? Can just look at your goodies forever. Thanks for sharing.xo

Anonymous said...

Doni, OMG I am totally blown away -- I'm afraid I'd come over and never leave, so much eye candy -- this most have taken a life time to collect -- all those laces and bobbins, etc., touched my heart and so prettily placed. I'm following you on Pinterest Mine is https://pinterest.com/MorningDewdrop1
Maybe you can do the same. Blessings Terri -- my favorites are the quotes of scripture!

Pallas said...

Your craft room is beautiful, and I can see why you enjoy spending time looking at all the pretty things. I believe that is all part of the creative inspiration.

Mom E. said...

Doni,
Every time I look at this post, and I have multiple times!, I fall in love with it all over again! Where did you find all of those lovely fabric covered boxes? And did you cover them yourself? That is what I need...they are gorgeous. I am realizing that I have boxes I can use, just might have to come up with some creative shelving, as you have...something prettier than the Gorilla Rack I use now! But there is always hope! I could use my baker's rack that was just replaced by a china hutch to hold my dishes...hmmm...you've inspired me again! So much to do while I continue to work on my scripture memorization!
Hearts to you!
Betsy

tibby said...

I'm still salivating after seeing all your goodies!!
Lovely place
XOXO
CRIS

Jill Norwood said...

Your space is a blessing to all who view it! I was so touched by your verses and all your pretties!
:) Jill

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Your craft room is gorgeous! I am amazed at how much storage you have. I am currently building my own craft room so I appreciated how much work went into this.

I'd love it if you linked this to my new linky party, "What We've Accomplished Wednesdays." It is live right now.

Have a great week!
Deborah

Mom E. said...

Doni!
I found a few more fabric covered boxes on ebay...one is french and expensive and gorgeous...just thought I would let you know, if you are still looking for some...there are 4 or 5 right now.
ifyou want more info, let me know!
Hearts to you,
Betsy

Laura Turner said...

Hi Doni,
Thank you for sharing your craft room pics. I love what you have done. Your post encouraged me in so many ways--my own room is taking sooooo long to really organize, and I often feel guilty for having so much stuff and such a large room all for myself. I realize that it's my recreation and my peaceful time, and I am very thankful for it. If you want to see it: http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=3770596855047658309#editor/target=post;postID=3905969472123496917

Love your lace, pearls, chintz, and really everything! Totally my style. God bless you this day.

Laura from sundayview.blogspot.com

ornate splendor said...

Wow! Just in awe of your craft room! Lovely lovely lovely....one day I shall have my own...my son graduates high school in two years...maybe then....Catherine (fellow Texas gal)

ViLmus said...

wow! your atelier is very pretty!
love love love!
Your laces collections.....!!!!
I love God! And he Words...

Sorry my few words... and my bad inglish hahaha...

Hugs a lot!
Vilmus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: