<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Craft Room Reveal for Where Bloggers Create 2013

Welcome!
Hello to you all!!  I hope you enjoy your time here at Faith, Grace, Crafts, and that you enjoy seeing my craft room.  My name is Doni and I am a lover of all things beautiful and lovely.  Pearls, Lace, Vintage Thread and Sewing Notions, Buttons and Rhinestones are my top faves.  My room is a mixture of all the things that inspire me and things I love.  You might see things stay the same for a long time, or things might be changed often, but I have had SO much fun preparing for the party!
This is the third year I have joined Karen at My Desert Cottage for the Where Bloggers Create party and I want to give her a huge thank you for hosting!  Be sure and check out the other blogs that have joined!
And a huge thank you to each of you who have shared your spaces in the past for the inspiration!  I LOVE looking through your spaces and look forward to seeing what y'all have to share this year!
Now on to my room!  Feel free to PIN!


The huge long wall of shelving is my main work space.  I have used a door from Home Depot for a table (left side), and an old desk on the right.  Storage beneath the table is covered with a thrift find...a pink baby bassinet skirt tacked to the sides!







If you were here previously, you might remember that I wanted to change rooms with a larger, lighter room that was the guest room.  Well, starting in January, I did just that!  Everything was changed from one room to the other!  It was a HUGE job, but I'm sooooo glad I did it!
The button shelf (below) is dedicated to my vintage rhinestone buttons, favorite regular buttons, and rhinestone bead collections.  Many styles, colors, and types are stored in glass jars.  Most are small spice jars found at Goodwill and garage/yard sales.  The larger jars are jelly jars, cleaned out with labels removed.  Free is always good!






The little salt cellars are almost all of them from my birthmother's collection!  The peach colored one below is from a blog friend in Austrailia!  Thank you Melanie at French Blue and Peachy Pink!!  It fits perfectly with my collection!














OK, enough buttons.  How about some other items??
Last year I had many of the items I collect displayed by theme.  For example all the threads in glass jars all together.  This year I put my items similar color groupings.






By the way, my favorite color combination is pink and cream...







The next area of interest is my collection of lace trims which are displayed in vintage dresser boxes.  They are divided boxes and are perfect for perusing the stash!  They sit on top of lovely quilted satin boxes (or glove boxes as they are also known), some matching, others not.   Lace trims are some of my favorite things, and I love playing with them.  I use them in almost all of my blog posts, and I've recently begun to make fabric and lace collages with them.  See my older posts if you are interested in fabric and lace collages!


The chair above is the most comfortable chair I own.  I have owned it for many years.  AND although it lacks in style and has shabby tatty arms, I love it and won't get rid of it.  Instead, I have my most favorite and gorgeous piece of floral barkcloth over the back, and some hand-stitched arm doilies displayed.  Believe me, it's the best spot in the house!





And if you were guessing that these boxes below must have laces in them too, then you were correct!!


The wallpaper drawers store my doilies as well as my huge collection of colored seam bindings and tapes in packages.  The bottom box of 4 drawers is full of paper flowers!


Next we can have a peek at the sewing corner where my machine resides.  Above it is my collection of vintage thread cards.  I just love these little bits of color!  And next to the machine is a shelf full of vintage sewing boxes.  Yes, they're full of lace.  Mostly.  There IS some thread in ONE of them.  I have blogged about the drawers of lace in the past and have more to show you in the future!






I love these old sewing boxes and would love more!!!  But their prices are getting too high...

Nadine is the name of my dress form, and I've introduced you to her before here.  She is wearing one of my most exciting finds!  My husband and I went to an estate sale last spring, and way in the back of the house was a huge trunk.  I opened it up, and dove in.  Anything with lace on it I grabbed.  I noticed the dress (I'm sure the look on my face would have made you all laugh!), and quickly bundled all the pieces together to add to my official "PILE" of objects for purchase.  Get this....the whole pile of laces was only 5 bucks!!



The musical dress form below is one I made using cardstock printed with old music, then glued to a plastic dress form with Mod-Podge!  Thanks to Carol at the Polka Dot Closet and her great tutorials!





The tray of pearls (above) has been one of my favorite spots in this room.  I did a post about it previously HERE, and still can't make myself do anything different with it!  So, the pearls will stay here.
There are some other pictures I took of the room, different spots of interest here and there, and I hope that you have spotted some fun and interesting items. 

This lovely Limoges bowl is from my friend Beverly at Tea Cottage Pretties!...specially picked out for me by her daughters and her!!
It's so beautiful.  Be looking for a special post about it in the future!!








Yes, the door is pink!






It has been so wonderful to have you come over to visit me.  I hope to see more of you!  Please feel free to PIN any of my pictures that you'd like.  I have a Pinterest Board full of my favorite pictures that I got from all of YOU!!  You all inspire me!!
And come back this fall when I will start up Pearls and Lace Thursday again. 
It's been wonderful to be a part of Where Bloggers Create again this year.  Thank you again Karen for such a fun party, and for hosting this awesome event.  And again thank you all for coming by!!
Blessings to each of you,
Doni

68 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

Doni everything looks GORGEOUS!! I love every little detail. Such eye candy.

xo Danielle

Unknown said...

oh my GOODness! i have never i do mean NEVER seen such a gorgeous collection of vintage trims, bits and bobs! wow! yowsa! and all organized by color and theme! stunning! just stunning! oh i have to have another look ...or two..or three! ;)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Beautiful room to work in! Loved the tour and found a "few" ideas!
Deb

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Wow, Doni! Your craft room is amazing :) Ah, the colours and all the handy knick knacks!! It's like a dream room. Truly fabulous! ~Pernilla

The Creative Bohemian said...

Goodness, what a cozy, colorful room! I'd love to just sit in there on that big chair for a while and take it all in!

Carmen said...

Doni, what an amazing lace collection you have! I just want to fall asleep in that big, cozy chair... thanks for sharing your space! :-)

Unknown said...

Wow Doni, what an amazing collection of vintage goodies you have, nicely displayed too!
Hugs and happy party hopping!
Marilou

Christine M said...

WOW! What a treasure trove of beautiful things. It must be so lovely to work in your room.

Unknown said...

Very feminine, lovely and well organized. What a fun tour of your creative space!

Stephanie said...

Oh Doni, I could spend all day and everyday in a craft room like yours - it's divine :) Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Hugs to you!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OK, girlfriend you have so many buttons and so much lace I think you need to share lol! That's a lot of eye candy in one place, I could look forever!! Thanks for sharing!

Carol

Debbi said...

and I thought I had a lot! Drooling over your vintage lace:)

Marilyn said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet...may brain is soaking it all in and my vocabulary is nonexistent.♥♫

Kathy said...

Oh. My. Goodness. We are birds of a feather! Loved seeing your room and thank you for sharing.

April D said...

Beautiful! Those spoonfuls of buttons look good enough to taste! lol.
I could sit and gaze in your room for hours, I think. Flower garden year round!

Kim Gillian said...

Beautiful room! You have such pretty supplies to work with!
Kim

Lovey said...

Hey Doni!!! Love what you've done with your studio!! I could just play here for days!!! Absolutely beautiful and filled with such beautiful things...ahhh...

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Doni!!
OMG!!! It is truly a work of art to create art in!! How long did it take you to amass all those containers and to wrap all that lace on all those cute clothes pins, etc??? LOVE it all! I hope when I retire and have more time, I can do something like this to display all my laces and bobbles!!
Amazing!! Job well done!!

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my creative space and for your sweet comment!!

Hugs,
Deb

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

Doni, if only I had a FRACTION of your ability to beautifully organize my supplies! I absolutely love all the pretty things you use to store and display your things. What an incredible space and a gorgeous collection of things to create with!

Jeanette

Cathy said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous, fun and inspiring! Thank you!

Cathy ♥

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Wow, Doni, Your lace, button and pearls collections are just amazing. I'm especially drooling over your boxes full of lace. Such yumminess! The lace pile including the gorgeous dress had been a fantastic find and such a great deal. Your Nadine looks beautiful. Thank you for the wonderful tour!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Julia

CATHY said...

Can I come and play? You have so many awesome treasures to create with and organized so beautifully! I enjoyed the tour. Cheers from Singapore!

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh Doni your studio is literally overflowing with laces, pearls, buttons, bobbins and beautiful little drawers - these are so so sweet all of the little floral ones. I love how you have co-ordinated your little collections of glass containers into the different colors.
Yes you and I have a problem!!!!
We are too addicted to lace and doilies but these are our source of inspiration hey???
Thanks for your kind visit!
Hugs,
Suzy

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Oh my Dear Doni, I have no idea where to start. I think my favorite are you large wooden spools with lace on them. They just make me say OOOOOHHHHHHHHH (as she swoons). I love them and your entire craft room. You and I are PINK ladies for sure. Everything and I mean everything is so lovely. I love your glove boxes. I am soooo jelly of your beautiful craft room. One day... BTW the Limoges looks lovely! I am tickled that you love it and it does go so well with your aesthetic. Okay gotta go look some more and try to stop my head from spinning out of control..

Lululiz said...

Doni, I think if I ever went into your studio, I would never come out again, it is the most incredible space filled with all the things I love so much.

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

Doni I could just die in there.it would be heaven. All those vintage buttons and trims...and all the satin boxes make me drool. Hugs

Carole said...

Doni, simply gorgeous, I love how beautifully displayed everything is. So glad I came to visit.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my goodness, Doni!.. I thought stepping into THIS creative space was like stepping into a room in Heaven above!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this gorgeous room full of craft supplies and beautiful creations!.. Functional, and yet ALL so very beautifully displayed! Thank you so much for sharing! I enjoyed stopping by today! ~tina

Leanne said...

I love how you store the lace!

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love it all, Doni! It was well worth the wait. Even down to color coordinating, too. Just super fabulous!
Hugs,
Patti

Sugar Lump Studios said...

What an amazing space to create! I love all your gorgeous vintage treasures and store of supplies! You have some awesome storage solutions as well! thanks so much for sharing!

Nancy
www.sugarlumpstudios.com

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great room, Doni! I love it all! The spice bottles to hold buttons of each color is a great idea. I'm putting that on my list of things to look for! Love your shelves and how even your supplies make for a pretty display. You must really enjoy coming in here to create ~ I would! : )

Art and Sand said...

What amazing supplies you have in your lovely creative space. I must go back to explore your creations.

Sandra Kaye said...

Lovely room!!! I loved all the buttons in jars...and the little colored cups!!!! yumminess all around!! Thanks for sharing!!

bobbie said...

All your beautiful laces and ribbons have me drooling! You have the mini dachsies; I have the standards (LH) ~ aren't dachsies the BEST!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a lot of pretty supplies! Wonderful colours and lovely arrangements. I would have trouble leaving your studio. Thanks for the tour.

Unknown said...

You have the most beautiful studio!
I would love to spend hours in it and explore all of your goodies.
Your collections are exquisite and so perfectly displayed. You are so talented. I especially like it that you share your love for the Lord!
Bless you and thanks so much for sharing.

Connie said...

Your creative space is so enchanting. I would enter that room and think that I had died and gone to heaven. Everywhere I looked puts a smile on my face. . . delightfully charming. You have a knack for making all things beautiful.
Please visit and enter my give-a-way.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)
P.S. now I'm going back and looking at all of your photos again :)

Wilma said...

Hi Doni,

I love your room so much !!
It is beautiful and soo inspiring and everything that I love too !!!

Hugs and Blessings to you dear Doni,

Wilma.

Anonymous said...

Here you are! I forgot the name of your blog and I have been hopping for hours trying to find you! YEA! And man you didn't let me down one bit! I LOVE your studio, everyting from it's head to it's toes! I just wish you had that Pinterest "P" on your photos because it's going to take me ages to pin them ALL! Just love it!-xoxox-cindy

Teri said...

Oh be still my heart!! I would LOVE to come and visit your room in person!! Oh goodness, my heart was pounding so much as I looked at all your treasures!!! The laces, the doilies, the buttons!!!!! Wonderful place to play!!!!!!!! I'm coming back later to go through it again!!!!
Teri

Karen Valentine said...

STUNNING,STUNNING, STUNNING!!!!! OMG... I am so envious of all the wonderful things you have to play with!! The color mixtures are just beautiful too! I am going back now for a second look because I was unable to take it all on the first pass. Thank you so much for joining the party this year and sharing your awesome studio with us!!!
xo,
Karen

ornate splendor said...

*happy sigh*....swooning over all of the lovely laces, buttons, dress forms, and pretties!! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing these lovely photos with us. My creative thoughts are flowing... Catherine

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

So many lovely vintage and antique things, threads, laces and so much more. I like the antique dress, its beautiful and the colour charts on the wall are super... and I think I saw a few old rulers : ) Great space!!!!

Donna said...

Wow, your space is just amazing! I have been drooling over all of your gorgeous lace, buttons, ribbons, and trim! The little dishes filled with beautiful buttons are true eye candy:) And I love all of your pretty fabric covered boxes, spice jars filled with buttons, and your mannequins. I could go on and on, I love it all!!

Maureen said...

Oh Wow! Where do I start? I adore your room Doni! Nadine's dress is AMAZING... so perfect! And you've given me two ideas for my own studio: put lace on my big wooden spools! And use my old wooden clothespins to wrap my smaller width laces around - thank you so much for the inspiration!

All the fab buttons, bling, and pretties arranged by colour is a feast for the eyes and I really had such a wonderful time checking out each and every photo full size to appreciate all the beautiful touches.

Thank you for the tour of your incredible creative space!

Linda Kilsdonk said...

Oh. My Gosh. This is the most wondrous work space in the world I do believe! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, Doni! :>) Linda @ www.paperseedlings.com

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I can just imagine how much work it was to change rooms, but that light is just wonderful, and is way worth the effort! What a nice space, and that baby carriage ruffle is a lovely skirt.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Wow, I loved everything. The doileys, the lace, the buttons, the colbalt blue vaces, the manequines and mostly the chair. I'm looking for one just that size.

hugs
cindy@stitches

Unknown said...

Hi Doni!
I never tire of coming over to your gorgeous space...still trying to find my own stash of those adorabe sewing boxes..but you must have gotten them all. I do see you have gathered more of those fun quilted boxes. Love itall, i would have to much fun in your room.
Be blessed,
Lorena

Unknown said...

Hello Doni, Wow what a tour, You have so many great ideas I can borrow! Love the laces most of all.

Devon Smith-Breidel said...

Thanks for the up close pics-I would have missed a lot of the little goodies. The color scheme was a great idea-the whole room seems to flow. I love the dresser boxes too and keep my jewelry in them but they are hard to find and I consider myself really lucky when I find one. Loved your collection!

Melanie said...

Almost doing cartwheels over everything !!!!! I may actually do a handstand over the wedding dress !!! oh my it is STUNNING !!!!!
I love every single inch of where you create and just wish that I could create in there with you one day. Not that we'd probably get a whole lot done chatting ten to the dozen ! lol I smiled even more when I saw little things that I had sent you. 'Pearl' looks ever so sweet popping out of the button jar Doni !
If my flower studio was finished then I would have loved to join the bloggers create party.......Maybe next year. I LOVE looking at yours though and I am going to toddle off now and take another look xo

Terry said...

What a fantastic space! So much gorgeous lace! I love your comfy chair. A book and a cup of coffee or tea must go really well with it.

Terry

Lori said...

You have such a great space! I love everything about it. I just love lace and you have an abundance of it. TFS!

Heirloom treasures said...

Doni,what can I say. It's all stunningly gorgeous. Who wouldn't want to create in such an awesome room

Bohemian said...

I just knew there would be an Amazing Mind Blowing Cache of Treasures in your Studio! *Winks*

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Tea in the Library said...

This is ... Nirvana! I could get lost just admiring all the Goodness Within. Angels to you thank you for sharing!

Sandy In Montana said...

Oh my Lord, Doni. Your craft room is just gorgeous, I Love It.

Take Care ... Sandy

Glenda said...

Oh my goodness, what a fantastic room. I adore all your lovely pieces, laces etc. I am so jealous LOL and that is NOT a fruit of the Spirit. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.

Judy said...

May I just say...my mouth is watering?

Carmen said...

Do you think you could box it all up and send it to me?....No? Okay then. Seriously gorgeous!! I am a little jealous, and I'm not the jealous type. It's just lovely!!

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Oh Doni, your space is breathtaking! I may have asked you this before, but where are you in Texas? I grew up west of Ft Worth. I've been in Colorado a long time, but my first 21 years were in Mineral Wells (and Lubbock for college).

Still swooning over your amazing space,
Judy

Creative Grammie said...

Aloha Doni,
I'm so glad that you continue to join Karen's WBC. Your space is so awesome! I drool over your collections of lace, buttons, beads, ribbons and all your treasures. Tanks for this amazing tour.
This is my second year that I haven't participated, but I'm just having fun visiting everyone.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your craft room is amazing! I enjoyed browsing through all the pictures. I especially love the jewels. It would be so nice if I had a craft room like this, where I could create and work.

~Sheri

Bernideen said...

Your creation room is really beautiful and inspirational!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Drool Worthy!
Hugs Lynn

ValeviL said...

WOW O_O

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: