<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pearls and Lace Thursday #40

Roses and Blues

Maybe I should just say 'Blue Plate Special'!  My wonderful hubby found this beautiful Currier and Ives Plate when we went to Canton at the first of the month.  We live just down the road, so sometimes instead of going to First Monday, we just hit the garage sales and fleas!
Well......I'm excited!  Didn't he do good???



I also found this Trio of blue beauties...




Ceramic Art Co. Ltd.
Crown Pottery
Stoke on Trent
Manufrs of Faience??  France???
Direct From
Factory to Purchaser
Price Lists
Free
!!!
How funny is that??



I recently found these blue books by Myrtle Reed, the Master's Violin which I shared with you last week.
Well, I just got the other two, picked one up and started reading it, and wow....I've only just started and am totally excited about the content.  Another book with musicians included in the cast....what could be better?
Victorian era dress, furniture, houses, and LOVE....
I'm in heaven!


And I'd like to invite each of you to participate with me in Pearls and Lace Thursdays.
I share just about anything I think is pretty or lovely to me, and would love for you to do the same.
It doesn't have to have pearls or even lace, but it would be great if it did!
Please attach the url of your post to the link below and then join me getting to know the participants.
I will also be linking up with the following blog parties so be sure and check them out as well.
May you have a blessed week!
Doni


Today's Thrifty Treasures at
http://southernhospitalityblog.com

Blue Monday at

Show Off Your Cottage Monday at
Metamorphosis Monday

Teacup Tuesday at

Teatime Tuesday at

Victoria Tuesday at

Tuesday Tea for Two at

Teatime Tuesday at

Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday at

Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday at


2nd Time Around Tuesday at
http://diane1876.blogspot.com/

Show and Tell Friday
It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Frugalicious Friday

A Few of My Favorite Things Saturday





14 comments:

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Oh yes he did VERY good Doni! Such pretty shades of blue!!
Your header photo is AMAZING! And I love your trio of wee furbabies :-) Such sweet faces!!
ENjoy a wonderful wednesday!!
Hugs,
Lynn

Terri said...

Your new plate is fab, and your new trio is beautiful! I am intrigued with what is printed on the bottom. That is so unusual! It makes me wonder how old it is. The cup is so well designed, is there gold trim on it?
How fun to go out with your hubby to look for treasure!
Hugs,
Terri

Susan said...

Love all your blue!! Gorgeous!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I am so glad that you are back. I have missed you. I love your "blue plate specials". I wish I had them. You are so lucky that your husband likes to go out with you. Have a wonderful week. Hope to see you next week. Blessings, Martha

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Doni,
Your hubby did very well! I love the Currier and Ives plate and the teacup trio is really sweet! Gorgeous post! Thank you for joining me for tea and have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Custom Comforts said...

Love the sweetness of your post and the lovely blend of colors. Also love the scripture tucked in!
Was looking at your sweet puppies and they are darling. My daughter has a miniature dappled dachshund and he is quite the stinker :)
Cindy

Ann - making fun family memories with childrens tea sets said...

Oh how lovely! And what a sweet way to decorate with the lovely roses, crocheted goodies, and old books, complete with sweet Scriptures. Truly a delightful visit. And such fun pictures to share with my grandchildren when we are having our own fun tea party with one of their little girls tea party sets. Thank you :)

Donnie said...

You did very well and I just love the blue and whites.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I love blue and white china, and you found some beauties. thank you for sharing them for Favorite Things. Great idea for a link up. I'll try to link up soon. laurie

Mel_Cole said...

Stunning collection. I love the plate. :)
My Blue Monday post

SmilingSally said...

You are fortunate to have a husband get some blue and white goodies! Thanks for sharing your blues.

Happy Blue Monday, Doni.

Momgen said...

They are so pretty blues...Happy blue Monday.

Mine is here

Gypsea Nurse said...

So glad I found you! What amazing photos!!!!
have a wonderful week!
Smiles~
Cat

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

My favorite combination, roses and blue. Sorry I have missed out on pearls and lace Thursday lately, but towards the weekend the florist business usually picks up. Hope to get back in the swing soon!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: