<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pearls and Lace Thursday #36

I Heart Pearl Buttons!
I found some PINK!! (Wink!)  If you saw my last post, I was trying to get some PINK to have for Pink Saturday.  Well, with the heart theme going on this week, I looked around and found this pin cushion!  Be sure and check out the Pink Saturday Party at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ 
This vintage piece was from a dear lady's sewing things.  She allowed me to have all of her sewing tins, and this was one of the finds!


Now you know how much I love pearls, and of course lace, but I love buttons too...especially PEARL buttons!  I love the lustre, the shades of white from bright to cream, the natural glow of them.  They are gorgeous and I love working with them.  I also love to look at them!!




I've found a number of unique styles and shapes of buttons in my perusing, but these are some of my favorites.




The picture above of the square glass buttons is my very favorite.  I just can't get enough of the shades of cream!  I have a few pink buttons thrown in to help show the difference too.  I think favorite is that darker button at the bottom left of the picture...it's just about perfect!


And I just must show you a few rhinestone studded buttons too!  But wait, if you look, you'll see they are actually pearlized too!




Now that we've seen the Pearls, I'll show you LACE!!!


I have been playing with my camera again, reading the direction book (Aha!!) and really trying hard to understand all the technical jargon so that I can improve my picture taking.  I have found the Bracket setting which allows me to set a variable with which the camera will shoot three different lighting settings of the same shot.  I take three pictures of each shot, and choose the best lighting of the three!  It wastes some space on the card, but I always delete my card contents after a photo-shoot anyway, so who cares?
Now, I'm still trying to learn, but I think the pics are better.  What do you think?
Join me this week for Pearls and Lace Thursday and share something pretty with us!
Add the url code from your POST, not blogsite, to the link below and let others know about the party too!
Have a WARM weekend!
Blessings,
Doni


16 comments:

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Oh, your pictures are wonderful...and the buttons are breathtaking!!! What a delightful post in every way. Thank you for sharing with all of us. ; )
~Michele

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Wow, what beautiful crafty things...LOVELY ) :) I think your photos are great. I should reread the instructions for my camera, too. That's a good idea. Thanks for the inspiration :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

Susan said...

Wow I love all the buttons and lace! They are absolutely gorgeous!

Donnie said...

What gorgeous things you showed this week. Very vintage and pretty. Happy Pink Saturday.

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi,

It's nice to meet you! Your things are so pretty, what a lovely post. Love the vintage lace on the bobbin, and pearl buttons are my favorite! What a lovely piece of tatted lace on top of the dictionary page. My mother-in-law does that, and it's hard. You have to use a tatting shuttle, and it's very tedius. All done by hand. I have a doily that she tatted for me on my blog post today also. Please come by if you can. Happy PS!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Those pearl buttons are to die for! Perfect posting for PS...Happy Valentine's Day! Marcia

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


I adore that lace trim!


~ Gabriela ~

Holly said...

I think your pictures are wonderful - cozy and inviting!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Unknown said...

Doni, your pictures are perfect & lovely. So love old buttons.

Happy Valentine's ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

RachelD said...

I SO love pretty buttons and the jars and jars of my Mammaw's buttons are like charms of another age.

Lovely photos!

rachel

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Just gorgeous! Love all your photos of pink, lace and pearl buttons! I thought I was already following you but my profile didn't show up, so just in case, I'm following you again!
Have the sweetest of pink Saturdays!
Tammy

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Your pictures are great ... you are doing something right ! I have some tatted lace too, just bits and bobs but I love it. Happy Pink Saturday.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Doni Sweetie...
What a beautiful share today. I too, love buttons, I could spend hours going through a bin or jar of buttons, searching for just the right ones. Pearl ones are the best, they just pick up so many shades. I love the square ones you shared best. The lace is exquisite. I love it wrapped on the spools. Looks so elegant.

I love the crocheted pink heart. A pin keep? How pretty it is. I have never seen one like it. I love the way you have buttons in that mason jar as well. So cute.

Hope you have a wonderful Pink Saturday and Happy Valentine's Day as well.

Oh and I love your puppies. That little black one trimmed in brown, looking to the side? Oh does he ever look mischievous. Just precious.

Have a glorious evening. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

petitehermine said...

Thanks Doni! I'm also now your follower :) I'm having a Sunday Linky again this week, which will be up at midnight, so feel free to share this post of yours if you'd like ;) I feature my favorites from the list every week.

Eileen said...

I came back to follow your beautiful blog. I think your photos are looking fabulous. I have to start messing with my new camera. My pics are terrible.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! This is a beautiful post, picture perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: