<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Vintage Pink Sweater paired with Pearls!

The Pink Sweater
It's old.  In fact my mom wore it when she was in High School, then many years later, I wore it when I was in college!  It was one of my favorite things.  That's why I still have it.  I'm 47 and still love it even though I can't wear it anymore.  I didn't have daughters, so perhaps a grand daughter will one day want it.
In the mean time I plan on playing dress up!!!



Yes...these mannequins, dress forms, etc. are just big dolls for us don't you know???





I wouldn't wear all of these pearls out together in PUBLIC!  No way!!  But I can get away with it here is Blogland because we all LOVE pearls and dress forms!!!
Still trying to come up with a name for her.  If you want to see how I decorated her, check my previous post here.  I used music to cover the torso, and I'm lovin' it!!
Thanks for visiting.  I'm joining up with the ever so popular Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound here.
Be sure and go over to see all the beautiful Pink posts!!
Blessings to you!
Doni


9 comments:

The Tablescaper said...

What a beautiful sweater. And yes, it is so fun to play in blog land - even if they aren't things you'd do in real life!

I'd love to have you join Seasonal Sundays one of these Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

This is so gorgeous! Love it. Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)
HPS!

DearHelenHartman said...

So sweet. What a lovely display.

LV said...

What a lovely pink feature for today. The pearls and pink sweater look great together. I love pearls.

Marilyn said...

I think we should all wear our pearl and other fancies some day! Maybe someone could have a party and where we'd dress up, take pictures and share.♥♫

Unknown said...

I dunno, I might. Coco Chanel did and looked fabulous doing it. I love the brooch too. Lovely. HPS!

Unknown said...

First Lady Mamie Eisenhower days ...
Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

The Artful Diva said...

I have a dress form in my living room. I make new "outfits" for her all year long - it is so much fun. The pearls are perfect. Someday a future d-i-l will wear them and look lovely.

Curious me wants to know why you wouldn't wear the pearls in public though. I still wear pearls occasionally and feel very feminine with them on.

www.designgivesback.com said...

The pearls compliment the pink sweater beautifully! I love it! I hope you join Design Gives Back blog party the week of August 12th-18th for a story to warm your heart! Happy Pink Saturday!-Sher

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: