<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pearls and Lace Thursday #57 and the Dress Form covered with My BLOG PICTURES!!

Another Dress Form...and this one is covered with pictures from this BLOG!!
Do you recognize any of the pictures? 


Below is a section of my Blog Header, with the hand painted buttons...


Around the actual neck part is the hand painted bowl full of pearls...you can really see the gilding stand out.
Also are a number of pieces using the seam binding ribbon pics from a recent post.


Do you see my violin?  And there is a picture of the last birthday card my Grossmutter sent me before she passed away...so precious to me.
The blue cup and saucer really stand out, and I think I will be trying another dress form soon with it totally covered in blue and white china, with another form totally covered in pics of red and white transferware!



A bit of pink lace edging the bottom, and the actual dried roses below near the picture of them on the form.


I like the way the hand painted brooches turned out.  All I used for this project was the dress form, lots of pictures printed out on cardstock from my personal blog, walnut ink, water, and Mod Podge. 


The form below was the one I showed you a week ago, and now they are both in my guest room.



Girls, girls, none of that attitude stuff in here!! Simmer down now.....


You are both pretty and I love you equally....
Let's just be friends, shall we??


I would LOVE it if you would join me for Pearls and Lace Thursday this week!  Show us your pretties, whether jewelry, laces, artwork or whatever!  Add your post url to the link below.  Just please no sales shops or etsy/ebay sites.  I ask that you link back to this blog post as well...

Please be sure and check out the Parties I Love sites on the sidebar of my blog.  I will be joining a number of them again this week!

Thank you so much for visiting!
Blessings, Doni


14 comments:

Trisha said...

What a fun idea! You will definitely have to do some more!

~Trisha

Concetta said...

You are so creative!!! You are a true artist!
Thank you for hosting!
<><
Concetta

Pamela said...

Yes you are very creative and I must say your puppies make me visit more ethan I should! They are adorable!! We would so be getting one except we doubt our current furry children would appreciate it after being just them for the last 9 years.

Create With Joy said...

Doni, I am so in love with your amazing busts! I wish I was nearby - I'd encourage you to host a class! :-)

You should consider joining me for Wordless Wednesday - you don't have to be Wordless (everyone knows, I'm not, lol!) and I know the gals would SO appreciate the many beautiful things that you share!

Also, be sure to check out my giveaway when you stop by.

Have a fabulous week!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com

Maria Matter said...

beautiful works of art Doni!!!

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

HPS!


What a unique project!


Gabriela

Lorraine said...

What a great idea!! I'm partial to the text covered one, but both are lovely! Happy PS!

The Charm of Home said...

Doni,
Your dress forms turned out very cute! They look happy together! LOL Thanks for linking them up to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie...
Oh Doni how beautiful this dress form is, and how creative to cover it with photos from posts back. Memories that will make your heart "Happy" each time you walk by and see them.

So pretty and feminine. I love the colored one, but then the musical one is just as fun and fancy free. How lucky you are to have these forms to play with.

A wonderful creative project and thank you so much for sharing with me this evening. Many hugs and much love from Phoenix, Sherry

Sharon said...

Wow these are real works of art! And great for PINK Saturday (which is how I found you!) Just amazing - I love them!

Abramyan Avenue said...

Wow!! THAT is really cute..and original! LOVE it! I love the sheet music form! Gorgeous! You are too talented!
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Pink Saturday!
-april

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Another wonderful and creative project. I love how you "dressed up" the girls. Thanks for linking to the Open House party last week and I hope to see you there tomorrow night.
Hugs,
Sherry

Marge said...

Hello Doni,

Thank you for visit on my blog and your kind words to me and taking part in my giwe away:) It is allways so nice to meet new blogfriends around the world.
You are so creative woman, beautiful!
I wsih you joy to the week!♥
Hugs, Marge from Finland

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Super cute~ Love how these came out! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday and thanks for hosting! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: