<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pearls and Lace Thursday #137 But God...

I wonder if it's just one of those things that every time May roles around, the calendar gets SWAMPED!
It seems there's not time to catch up, with graduations, trips, Dr. appointments and getting ready for this or that, well, the whole month is loaded with things!
I hope your month is good, and NOT too busy!

It's also easy to get so busy that things of God are neglected.  To tell the truth, keeping Him first is the most important thing there is, and putting other things down to take time for Him and read His Word is hard.
I have had this idea in my mind for a lot of months.  I want to make a collage with the words "But God" on it.  This little two word phrase means a lot to my husband and I as well as some dear friends.  I am going to make two of these I believe, and this first one will be for my friend "L".


Ephesians 2:4-6
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved:)  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Amazing words, amazing Grace!!



Although we have had so many tragedies and losses in our country the last few months, we still stand strong.  There is nothing too hard for God.  Those two words are powerful, and that's why they are so wonderful to us.  I hope they are wonderful to you too.


I have not been able to make it to all the blogs that joined last time for Pearls and Lace Thursday, but I want you each to know how special I think you are!!  Please forgive my lack, and please know that I am very honored to have you join each week.  I am also excited to have some new followers!  Welcome to each of you!  I can keep up with my emails via my iphone or ipad when I'm out of the house, yet sometimes when I comment using them I loose function or availability to comment....which is exasperating!! 
So I'll keep trying and hopefully will figure out what I'm doing wrong!
Let's start our party!  It's time for Pearls and Lace Thursday.  Please add your url code to the link below and share with us your pretties!!
May you enjoy a week of blessings,
Doni


8 comments:

Vicky said...

This is a beautiful reminder of God's love, Doni. I find the busyness of life threatening to crowd God out, at times, too. I love that our crafts and projects can connect us with God and bring us closer to Him.

The colours are beautiful, as always - so deep and rich.

God bless, Doni:-)

maggiegracecreates said...

Doni --- thank you for the tutorial on the little roses, I am a crocheting fool making a big pile of these. I'll be sure and post a picture soon.

Much love.

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thank you for being a gracious hostess each week, Doni :) ~Pernilla

Tina said...

great work

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a beautiful piece and the sentiment is perfect! What a lucky friend to receive this gorgeous treasure!
Hugs,
Patti

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Dear Doni, now I see what you have been up to with all those beautiful blues. I love your collage you are working on and your beautiful message. I will e ya later about the bracelet. Hugs Dear Doni, Beverly

Kassandra said...

Hi Doni, what a beautiful site you have, and how nice of you to host this party! I´ve been peeking here and there, and discovered many exquisite crafts done by your hands... Loved particularly this collage in blues (blue is my favorite color ever!) Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments, you´re always welcome.
Hugs,
K.

Wilma said...

Hi Doni,
Your creation is beautiful !!!
and so true, what a great thought !!

Thank you so much for sharing this.
Have to catch up on your posts :)
Would love to join your parties,
but have to find out how to do it,
still learning...

What a great pearlfind....!!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Wilma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: