<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine's Day Collage

It's not quite finished, but I wanted to share what I've done so far.  Tell me what you think!


Lots more to do...like attach the lacy rose I made to the center of the brown bow, sew on some brown buttons and a few lace monograms, and I think some streamers on the sides.  The tops still needs to be attached to the hanger (an antique oxen yoke!), and I will be finished.


I took a single piece of lace that was triangle shaped and with needle and thread drew the middle together at the top of the piece and scrunched (that's a word right?) it down to make it look more like a heart.  Embellished with a brown button.



It's not too far from being finished, but it will be by the 14th!!
My hubby will like it, I know.
By the way, if you would like to join me for my weekly party, Pearls and Lace Thursday, be sure and drop by next week!  I will be sharing a lovely box of goodies from my friend Melanie in Australia!!!
Here's a little preview:


Pearls and Lace!  Pink and Cream!!!
I'm joining this post for Pink Saturday over at How Sweet The Sound!!
It's sure to be a lovely party!

Blessings,
Doni



9 comments:

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

It's just gorgeous, Doni! Your husband will love it....hugs, Penny

LV said...

You are doing a marvelous job. Great idea.

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

Your blog is so pretty I really like your valentine card. Happy PS
Laura

Mom E. said...

Love your collage, Doni! The colors and the laces are so pretty!
I want to make a valentine collage now!
I will be brake!
Hearts,
Betsy

Mom E. said...

BRAVE!!!!!!
Betsy

Denise said...

I've been meaning to join your party every time I'm reminded about it,then I soon forget :/ so this time I'm going to put your button on My sidebar as a real good reminder.I think I have loved pearls and lace my whole life-It's nothing new to Me.Your party would be My delight-Denise from Coffeeberry Cottage

Sassy Southern Lady said...

Love your style so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Some pretty lace and pearls ...

Enjoyed your post.
Thanks, Jenn

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh, Doni...This is so pretty! I just love Valentine's Day!
Blessings and thank you for your sweet comments.
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: