<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pearls and Lace Thursday #99 The Weaver

My Grandmother was probably one of the most important people in my life.
She was an integral part of the family, and only lived three doors down the road from our house.
We walked to her house, with both she and my mother watching from each front yard, while my sis and I walked the distance to house, or back home.
She was a mixture of French/German, spoke some of both, and had the softest skin and numerous wrinkles.
Her hair was the perfect silver gray...not too curly, and not too straight.
She was perfect in my eyes...


One of the items I remember from her home was this picture.
It is just a poem with a hand painted long stemmed rose next to the printed words.
A friend of hers painted that rose.  I've tried to copy it and share it with my own painting efforts (can we say epic fail??)
Anyhow, I have cherished this picture that is framed and located on the wall in my dining room.
I'd like to share it with you, because the words of the poem have come to me several times in my life.
Perhaps they can help you in yours.  I will print out the words for you below so you can copy and paste them if you'd like.











THE WEAVER
My life is but a weaving
Between the Lord and me;
I may not choose the colors,
He knows what they should be;
For He can see the pattern
Upon the upper side,
While I can see it only
On this, the under side.

Sometimes He weaveth illness
Which seemeth strange to me;
But I shall trust His judgement,
And work on faithfully;
'Tis He who fills the shuttle,
He know just what is best,
So I shall weave in earnest
And leave with Him the rest.

Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvass
And explain the reason why--
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As are the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

--Author Unknown



I really hope you each consider this poem.  And I hope it will help each of you along life's road.
Well, it looks like it's time for the party.  And this is #99!  Next week...well let's just say I'm going to be getting some items together that you might want to come check out!
It will be the 100th Pearls and Lace Thursday, and I'm having a giveaway to celebrate.
Be sure and come back next week to see what I find!
You can add your link to the linky below.  I've love seeing what you all have to share over the last week, and I'm so excited to have you all come and visit me. 
Welcome to my newest followers!!
Blessings, Doni

By the way, I will be joining a few parties as well!
Stop in and visit!

Mosiac Monday at

Today's Thrifty Treasures at
Blue Monday at
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at
Metamorphosis Monday
Cowgirl Up Party Monday
Just Something I Whipped Up
Knick of Time Tuesday
Teacup Tuesday at
Teatime Tuesday at
Victoria Tuesday at
Tuesday Tea for Two at
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday at
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday at
Tea Cup Tuesday at
2nd Time Around Tuesday at
White Wednesday
What's It Wednesday
Whatever You Want Wednesday
http://www.freeprettythingsforyou.com/
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Minute for Me Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Open House Party
Home Sweet Home
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday
It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Frugalicious Friday
A Crafty Soiree
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Inspiration Friday
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Flaunt It Friday
Pink Saturday
Sew Darn Crafty









4 comments:

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Hi Doni,
Thank you so much for hosting :)
Love the water colour rose! So pretty. Lovely memories about your grandmother too!
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Curtains in My Tree said...

My Grandmother was the most inportnat person through out my life of all the bad mistakes I made she never said a word, unconditional love is all she gave
At her funeral asI spoke I said I had lost my best friend

glad I found your blog again , I had lost yoy LOL
Janice

Cynthia said...

That is a beautiful poem. One that would stay with you for a long time. . thank you for sharing - I will be printing this out to keep close by. When my sister died 6 months after I lost my father, all I could keep thinking in my mind was the prayer of St. Francis, and it really held me up through the dark passage. Through the ups and downs that life has, it always helps to remember that HE is in charge.

BECKY said...

Hi Doni! This is my first time here. What a precious post and lovely poem that is just so packed with God's truth and love. Thank you for sharing!


It's a joy to meet you!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings!
Beckyjavascript:void(0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: