<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Monday, August 30, 2010

More Cooling Blues Around the House

I just must thank Laura from Ontario (her blog is Laura's Rose Garden) for sending us here in Texas her cooling weather!!! It has been only in the 90's this last week and we even saw some lows reach down to the 60's!!! WOOOHOOO! (can't you picture me running around outside waving my cowboy hat and smackin' the horse?) (Actually, it's a whole lot more likely you'd see me waddle around and smack a mosquito!!)
We've really enjoyed the 'cool spell' and look forward even more to Fall!!
I was hoping to have a lovely table all set with my newest white china that I bought off of ebay, but after a whole month of waiting, IT"S STILL NOT HERE!!!
Yes, I called, I nicely pestered, and she had all types of reasons as to why my china has not arrived, but as long I remain nice and she does to, well I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. 



I can't wait to see what it will look like put together.  I am not the type to set the table for dinner, but I love love love what I see on so many of your blogs.  Tables set with gorgeous china, flatware, glassware, real flowers, lovely centerpieces, etc.  Maybe I will take some lessons from y'all and see where it takes me!!
Hope you are all having cool breezes and may you have a lovely week!
Be sure and check out Pearls and Lace Thursday #17 here and see my beautiful hand painted bowl I recently acquired.  It's worth the click!!!
Join me here on Thursday as well for Pearls and Lace Thursday!!!
Blessings!!
Doni

I'm joining these parties for a delightful blogging Monday!!
Be sure and check them out and join us!!

Mosiac Monday at

Today's Thrifty Treasures at

Blue Monday at

Show Off Your Cottage Monday at

13 comments:

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Hoping your treasure arrives soon! It really is lovely! Cathy

Rebecca said...

I love the willow china-just a good old favorite!

Auntie E said...

Love blue glass wears.
Happy Blue Monday, the Kind of Blue that I like! My Blue Monday Link for you

Anonymous said...

beautiful I love blue glass...
Kisses dear.
Zondra Art

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there sweet lady, Doni!

What a fabulous collection of Blue And White dishware and glasses; so very pretty!~ I love them all; but especially the plates!

I enjoyed your previous, 'Lace And Pearls Thursday' post as well; those delicate beauties are so lovely!..,

(I have been out of the office taking such much needed vacation, 'R. and R.' time); yet I wanted to most warmly invite you to partake once again with this week's little tea parties!..,

Thanks so much for for sharing this loveliness as well as being a precious part of our, Tuesday Tea For Two' and 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'; 'Tuesday Tea Time In Blogland", experience dear lady!..,

I always love having you join us!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee
@ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com
and also
@ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com

SmilingSally said...

With eBay, you have a limited number of days to lodge a complaint, so look it up and count carefully!

Happy Blue Monday, Doni! Check out my book giveaway.

annies home said...

beautiful blues love the canister set have never seen that type before

Bobbi Ann said...

Fantastic collection!

Gale said...

Love blue glass! Our whole kitchen set was in blue glass, but three boys have diminished it (i.e. broken dishes).

texifornia.blogspot.com

LV said...

Those are truly beautiful blue dishes. Not knowing what you ordered, they will be hard to beat these. I am a little leery of E-Bay. This does not sound good.

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Oh my I love that colbalt blue vase and your mosaic is gorgeous. ~~Sherry~~

EM said...

We also got cooler weather here in Sweden. And the sun is back after weeks of heavy rain. The mosquitos are huge here too...Tonight is the first time of using the room-heater since May. Just trying not to think about the electric bills to come...
hugs elsamarianne

Lisa McDonald said...

Blue dishes are my favorite, gorgeous blue Monday post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: