<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cooling Blues

It's soooo hot here...and no sign of cooler temperatures.
So, the blues in my home help us to cool down...at least that's what they say.
I know that the cool blues and greens tend to calm, cool, and make us feel better, whereas the reds and oranges heat us up.  I have always loved blues.  And purples!!


These pictures are from some past posts that I made into this mosaic.  They range from crisp cobalt blues to the baby blues in the table napkins.  I guess our eyes just favor certain colors.  I remember as a kid I loved red.  Couldn't get enough of it.  Now I just love the cool colors!  I sure am glad about that this summer!!
Hoping you all cool off soon and that fresh breezes of fall come to us all soon!
Blessings,
Doni
I'm linking up with the following parties for Monday!! Come on and join in the fun!

Mosiac Monday at

Today's Thrifty Treasures at

Blue Monday at

Show Off Your Cottage Monday at

9 comments:

Carol said...

I love the blues, too! Yours are so pretty! The needlepoint is beautiful!

Bobbi Ann said...

Love your blues!

Ingmarie We said...

Very lovely mosaic! Love it. Have a nice new week.

Laura's Rose Garden said...

Good morning Doni,
I am sending you some cooler Ontario Canada weather. Whoooooosh!!! It is overcast and drizzling out today. The temperature is a soothing 63 degrees. We have had some hot (80s-90s) heat ourselves, so this change is very welcome. I noticed yesterday that the leaves of the Maple trees in our yard are beginning to turn to orange and red. After a hot summer with barbequed meat and grilled vegetables, I am looking forward to homemade soups, stews, apple pie and autumn decorations.
I love your blue mosaic! It is beautiful!!
Thank you for stopping by for a visit. Please drop in again, soon.
Warm hugs from cool Ontario, Laura

SmilingSally said...

I like cobalt blues the best.

Happy Blue Monday!

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Doni, That is an absolutely beautiful mosaic. I have got to learn to make them. ~~Sherry~~

A Garden of Threads said...

Nice header. A fantastic blue mosaic, I love your napkins. Take care and enjoy the week.

Nanna said...

love the blue collage
Helen

Ann said...

Oh I adore the pitchers in the bottom right photo. Just the "cream of the crop". Have a great week.
Ann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: