<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Prized Demitasse

I always remember hearing the story when I was a child of these lovely demitasse cups and saucers. A little lady who had no children of her own left this set to me, and my mother kept them safe and sound as I grew up, saving them for me. When I got them, the box was old and worn in spots, but what a treasure! I've had them now for well over 20 years, and they have always been special to me because of a sweet little lady who hoped I'd love them for her. I don't think I ever met her, and if I did, I was too small to remember, but I do know that this gift of love from her will always remain one of my most prized possessions. Now...I don't have a daughter but I have 2 sons! Perhaps one day I'll be a grandmother to a little girl, and she might be the one to next own this sweet treasure.
By the way, if anyone recognizes this pattern or has any pieces that match, (and would be willing to sell), please let me know. I need one more saucer!
Doni

1 comment:

Paris Rags Romance said...

Oh they are a real treasure, I love them. I love the story behid the object, so beautiful and sentimental. Lovely blog, I hope you get tons of followers! Hugs, Kimberly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: