<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dollhouse Nostalgia


When my sister and I were very small, I'd say around 4 or 5, we each had a dollhouse. They were metal, and they served our purposes. We used them as step-stools!!! (We were also the type of kids who took our baby buggies filled with all of our dolls and ran headlong at each other down our long hallway to crash them together!!) Eventually we crushed them, but I remember mine. It had plastic furniture, and sometimes it scratched me! Well, on a recent Flea Market hunt, I found it!!!! It's not in the best of shape, but I think my hubby and I can get it straight again. I know I'm not the only one who had one of these...There must have been hundreds of you that did too. I distinctly remember the 2nd floor on the right side. It has an outdoor area with painted on flagstone. Isn't it strange what our minds remember after all those years?? I was so glad that I saw this. It really does seem to bring back some of those memories of childhood when the sweet joys of playing with a toy were fun. No gameing systems on the television, no cell phone, no microwaves, no i-pods. Just the looking forward to the mailman coming to the mailbox and daddy getting home from work. That was the life!!

Of course, when I walked in the door carrying this is my arms, my husband looked at me quite strange. "What is THAT?". Well, he just didn't know how special this hunk of shaky metal was! After I explained it to him, he became interested. I know that having it sitting on our hearth with some other toys is going to be a lot of fun. Already I've had someone else my age look at it and say, "I had one like that!!!". Another girl remembering her childhood. My hope is that you all can remember your childhood innocence with joy.

Doni

1 comment:

Karen said...

OH! MY! GOSH!
First - hello! and thanks for visiting me! and BOY! am I glad you did!
2nd! OH! MY! GOSH! OH! MY! GOSH!
That my friend, is my old doll house! Metal, little plastic furniture that I could place any where I wanted. Even a high chair for the kitchen. I was crazy about rearranging my bedroom every Saturday and this way I got the whole house! OH! MY! GOSH! You don't know how many times I've thought of that house. And I often thought how cool it would be to live in a house with STAIRS!
WOW! That was a trip seeing this. How very fun and LUCKY YOU for finding one!
And all because you posted that your parents only have grandsons. My In-Laws too! Out of three kids, they all had boys! So, the prayers are fast and furious that if my boys ever find the perfect girl to spend the rest of their lives with, that they could please - pretty please give me a healthy, happy little granddaughter! Sigh. Someday!
Thank you so much for making my day!
Now I've got to go get ready for the next best thing to a granddaughter - a grand niece! :)
HAGD! Karen - Some days are diamonds

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: