<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pearls and Lace Thursday #113 Chintz With Lace Drawer #3

Drawer Number Three is ready for display!  I have used my violin as the backdrop along with some serendipitous finds of lovely vintage photograph BACKS!  I don't remember where or when I came upon these photographs, but the BACKS were so beautiful that I just had to show them off.
(Drawers One and Two can be seen in previous posts, just scroll down!)




The lace trims that I've collected over the years are just so gorgeous.  I wish I knew a way to safely showcase them where they'd be on display for all to enjoy.
Well hello (smacking myself on the forehead)!
 This blog!!  Duh!




You know when something not only catches your eye with its beauty, but it catches your heart and you just KNOW it was meant for you?  And on top of it all, the price is so cheap that you hug it to yourself and don't let go?  Well, this little cracked, stained, crazed piece of chintz was all that to me. 









The pictures on the front are of course wonderful...loved ones of those from long ago.  But the aged variations of the creams and brownson their backs are so soothing, and of course the graphics are lovely.  Oh to have things like this on our products nowadays.  I sometimes wonder what we purchase as a daily item today that will be a wonderful vintage find to others in the future?  Certainly NOT the plastic wrapped items and containers, right??

Pearls and Lace Thursday is here again and it's time to join the party!  Link your post's url code to the link below and share your pretties with us!
A special hello to my newest followers!!
And many thanks to all of you who have joined the party in the last few weeks.  I've thoroughly enjoyed your posts!
Blessings,
Doni





I'll be joining some parties this week!  Come by and have a look!
Mosiac Monday at

Make it Pretty Monday
Today's Thrifty Treasures at
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at
Cowgirl Up Party Monday
Just Something I Whipped Up
Knick of Time Tuesday
Cottage Garden Party
Blissful White Wednesday
What's It Wednesday
Whatever You Want Wednesday
Time Travel Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Minute for Me Thursday
Open House Party
Home Sweet Home
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday
It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Frugalicious Friday
A Crafty Soiree
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Inspiration Friday
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Shabbylicious Friday
Potpourrie Friday
Flaunt It Friday
Pink Saturday
Sew Darn Crafty

22 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

Your chintz box is beautiful Doni. What a special treasure as are your beautiful laces. Thank you for hosting Pearls and Lace.

xo
Danielle

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Dori,
Such a beauty..laces, pearls... Thank you for hosting another party.
Have a wonderfulrest of week!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Darlene said...

I love your lace collection, they are so neatly displayed. Take Care, Darlene

Melanie said...

Doni your blog is up there with my favourites ! Your lace is stunning.
I honestly believe that greeting cards are something that will become collectible in years to come and something to be treasured. I don't keep all of mine, only the prettiest. I don't mind spending money on beautiful cards at all because I think they are always so appreciated.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh Doni,
Your lace is always so fabulous. I am in love with your chintz...gorgeous. I am all linked up. Thanks for hosting my dear!

Paula

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful post, Doni! You're right, the backs of those photographs are beautiful! :)

Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Mrs. Sarah Coller

April D said...

Beautiful! I love the drawer idea, and that chintz box is just SWEET.
I also love that you put scripture in your posts--and in lovely photos, too!
Your blog always makes me want to run off and take gorgeous pictures of lacy, pink, pearly things.
Which is something I don't DO often enough.
Lovely, lovely. Thanks for the inspiration today.
~april

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Dori, Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful post on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Love the chintz box and the violin is gorgeous! And of course, your beautiful lace. Have a great weekend.

Jody

Donna Wilkes said...

I wish you made house calls and could make a craft room like yours appear! Just found you and loved the post on the drawers of lace and the photo backs. I did not have anything to link to the party, but enjoyed browsing!

Handgathered said...

OOps. Forgive my faux pas. I left a photo from my blog of my hand made ribbon roses, but the link is the whole blog. I tried to correct it, but alas, once you press the mouse, it's in. Sorry. Anni

Adorned From Above said...

I love this post. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party and would love to have you share this with everyone. Here is the link to the party.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/wednesday-adorned-from-above-link-party.html
Debi @ Adorned From Above

Adorned From Above said...

I also linked my mason jar lanterns in your party. I hope that is okay. I love the way your blog looks. It is beautiful.
Debi @ Adorned From Above

Rose Garden Malevik said...

Hello Doni
just LOVE your photos :)
and do not miss.....

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
Håkan ( The Roseman)

Marti McClure said...

Your collection is fabulous! I just love your blog header with the beautiful handmade flowers. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

LV said...

You have some of the prettiest things stashed in drawers. I enjoy seeing all your goodie.

ileana-carmen said...

Beautiful collection.

Olivia said...

Oh my I just love your pretty posts!!
xo
Olivia

mypinkprettiesaboutme said...

Doni, I just love how you love your things. I feel the same way myself. I kind of think of myself as a keeper of stuff. I always feel so bad for all of the families involved in natural tragedies, and I grieve all of the precious momentos and heirlooms that are gone forever. It's comforting to know there's a bunch of us!

Thx for sharing

HPS

ML

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Such a lovely post. I so adore the backs of your vintage photos. Like you, I often wonder if the things we buy today will seem as lovely to someone years from now as those things from yester-years (is that a word?) seem to us. I suppose time has a way of making things precious somehow. Hugs

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Your lace collection is exquisite, Doni! I also enjoy the backs of your photographs. Very pretty!
xoxo,
Julia

Adorned From Above said...

Hi Doni,
Thanks so much for linking with last weeks Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party. This weeks party is opened and I would love to have you share any of your posts. The link for the party is
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-link_14.html
I can't wait to see what you have been up to.
Debi

Christine Mann said...

Hey there! LOVE your blog!!! Thank you for this, it's refreshing :) and thank you for your honesty about your faith, you are a great example <3 See you around! Will follow soon as I find that Email follow link :D http://christinescozycorner.ca/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: