<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Monday, December 5, 2011

A Quick Tour of the China Cabinet

It's Monday night, and the football game just started.  I don't know who and I don't care who!
SO...computer, here I come!
How about a quick tour of the China Cabinet?







I seem to have a distinct liking for Blues and Pinks!!!
Good grief!  As I was picking the order for these pictures to post I realized that my faves are the blues and pinks, and that most of my cabinet is those colors!  Not all, but the majority!
Oh well.  I like it, and it's always fun to play with them!
I tried my first cup of Earl Grey tea over Thanksgiving.  No sweetener, no cream, no lemon.
Just plain ole' tea. 
Hmmmm.....
Maybe it's an acquired taste??
I made another pot last week and tried it.  Not quite liking it yet, but I'm not going to give up.  I MUST learn to like even LOVE hot tea.  That's my New Year's resolution.  And loose weight.
Maybe I'll be able to drink tea.....

I will be linking up with the AWESOME TEA PARTIES listed on the sidebar!  Be sure and click on them to take you over to some lovely blogs and check out the gorgeous tea things they share each week.
Many thanks to you lovely ladies for hosting!
Hope you all have a lovely week!
Blessings, Doni


16 comments:

Marilyn said...

My husband's favorite tea was Earl Grey, but I don't even like the smell of it. Has bergamot...blech. I prefer Darjeeling, a much more pleasant taste in my mind and is the "champagne of tea". Or English breakfast tea. If you send me your address, I'll send you lots of different tea bags and you can try them out without having to buy whole boxes.♥♫

Terri said...

Hello Doni, thank you so much for taking us on a tour of your china cabinet. Yes, you do have lots of blues and pinks, but that is because they are so beautiful!
Btw, I too, do not like Earl Grey! It is flavored with Bergamot (the oil extracted from the rind of the Bergamot orange), and I do not like that taste. I drink herb teas, English Breakfast, and Orange Pekoe.
Hugs,
Terri

LV said...

Your china cabinet is certainly filled with many lovely things.

SmilingSally said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim, USA said...

Every time I see blue dishes my heart skips! ^_^

TableSetting

Antiques And Teacups said...

Hi Doni...can't stand Earl Grey. Someone sent be a cream Earl Grey because it was Princess Diana's favorite...not much better. I LOVE what's in your china cabinet! Gorgeous and thanks for letting us peek. Rather do that than football ANY Monday night!
Ruth

Snap said...

Beautiful tour of your china cabinet! Happy Tea Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Doni, your china is gorgeous! I especially love the blue pieces; very pretty. Thanks so much for sharing your pretties and joining my Christmas Tea party. Have a lovely week.

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

cassandrasminicorner said...

Those are beautiful..

Visiting for BM! Hope you can visit mine too..

http://www.heavenly-dreams.com/toy-story-toddler-bed/

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello Doni,
what a fun to go with you through your cup cabinet. Each is nicer than the next. The blue and whites are pretty and surely the others also. Thank your for this interesting tour. Wish you a lot of nice tea times with this beautiful collection.
Best greetings, Johanna

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Doni: I want all the tea cups in your cabinet! They are so stunning. Wow! Love the ones that are pedestal. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us. Blessings, Martha

Carrie said...

It was fun seeing your pretty teacups in your china cabinet. We have similar tastes.
I have one hutch cabinet in the kitchen with my blue and white cup collection, while in the dining room the corner cabinet features pink floral cups and dishes.
I always have Earl Grey on hand. It's one of my favorites.
Happy Holidays,
Carrie - Oak Rise Cottage

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I don't care about football or tea!!LOL But, I love the pink tea cups, what a great collection! Thank you for entering my giveaway..Good Luck!

Carol

Suffia said...

What lovely collection you have. Love the blue teacups.

Beth said...

Hi Dori, You have gorgeous cups/china! I like blue and white as well. Earl Grey is definitely an acquired taste. David's Tea sells a cream of Earl Grey that is a little milder - oh so good! Merry Christmas!
Beth

Red Rose Alley said...

The blue cup and saucer is lovely. I have always thought that blue china is the prettiest.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: