<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pearls and Lace Thursday #75 The Pearls and Lace Dress Form

Ahhhhh....
Pearls and Lace
It just makes me happy.  There's no other explanation!  Does there need to be one???
They are beautiful together, each making the other glow and show off their best features.
The softness of the pearls against the pattern of the lace, making a beautiful duo of vintage lovliness.
I hope you enjoy!






I've been soooo blessed!  The lace piece above (closup) is one that came in my mailbox this week, along with the hymn pages shown below.  A beautiful lady emailed me and told me she had some lovely hymn pages she wanted to send me....lo and behold, they arrived and along with them was this gorgeous piece of vintage lace!!!  Dear Gail, this post is for you!!!  Heartfelt thanks, and blessings to you!!
Doesn't the detail on this lace just make you swoon???
And it sets off the pearls' lustre to make a combination of beauty.



Below is a picture of it in sepia...


And here are the wonderful hymn pages!!
I think a project I've had in the back of my mind will be in the making very soon!



It's time for Pearls and Lace Thursday!!!  Below is the link for you to join me, just add your post's url, not the url code for your blog please.  Let's have fun this week with the beauty that you all have to share.  I've really been busy this week, as I know you all have, so let's take a break next week and I'll return the Thursday before New Year's with the next P&L Party!
I'm going to join a few parties myself this week, so be sure and look on the sidebar to the right at the Parties I Love and join in there too!  The awesome hostesses have some LOVELY posts!
Have a blessed week!
Doni


20 comments:

Trisha said...

Those pearls are so pretty...I have always wanted a set of pearls! Hope you are enjoying your holidays so far!

~Trisha

Cottage and Broome said...

Love all the lace and pearl, so beautiful! Have great holiday season, Laura

Anonymous said...

…....... /)
……... ( , )
….….|░░░|
……..|░░░|☆ merry _(♥)_
…..@|░░░|¸.¤“˜¨christmas.
.¨˜“¤|░░ഐ¤ª@“˜¨¨
…¨˜“გª¤.¸::¸.¤ª☆“˜¨¨happy new year.
…¤¸*¸.¤ª“˜@¨¨¨***2012****.
*♥*.

Barbara Neubeck said...

Hello Doni,
Love the vintage lace and the beautiful pearls.
I'm not a wearer of pearls ...but I love them on other people. I like the feel of pearls,they evoke gentleness for me. Have a lovely Christmas.
God Bless
Barb from Australia

Ivy and Elephants said...

You know I get weak in the knees for pearls and lace, YUM! Just gorgeous!
Thank you so much for hosting and linking up at "What's It Wednesday". It's always a pleasure to have you!
Hugs,
Patti

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

Thanks for hosting! I added my 3 scrappy quilts this week.
I see you got the background fixed!
Have a great day!

My Vintage Studio said...

Wishing you a MERRY CHRISTMAS with your family & friends!
Hugs, Sharon

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

Hi Doni...love the pearls and lace!! So beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday..xo Tami

LV said...

I do indeed love both together or separate. I have always liked pearls, but never had much lacy things.

Michele said...

gorgeous images this week! thank you for all of your kind comments to my blog. i'm wishing you a blessed Christmas. xo

Ellen said...

Pink pearls and lace, what a perfect combo. Lucky to have become the proud owner of that gorgeous lace.
Merry Christmas
Ellen

Unknown said...

Isn't that great! What a sweet friend! :)

Hope you have a very lovely Christmas!

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah

Bluebirds and Roses said...

So warm,cozy and inviting...Thank you for sharing this season of joy and pink!HPS!

Martica Designs said...

Hi Doni,
Oh my gosh you are right we are both the 418th follower on each others blog. And we also loooove lace and pearls and music sheets. This lace above is stunning I must say thanks so much for sharing it in your blog. Hope to visit here often. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year...

Sarah said...

Pearls and lace at its best! Beautiful post. Thanks for hosting. ~ sarah

Ivy and Elephants said...

You have such gorgeous pearls and lace. I would love it if you would link this inspiring post to our What's It Wednesday linky party. I hope you can join us.

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Holly said...

I just found your site through another and joined up AND I am your newest follower. Such a lovely home in blogland.
Merry Christmas!

Jacoba said...

Merry Christmas, Doni!
Jacoba

Evy said...

Merry christmas to you, I hope that this day is of the happiest for you and your family!
Joyeux Noël!!!

Beautiful day

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, pearls and lace...two of my favorite things. The sepia picture is gorgeous. I have been wanting to get some pearl earrings. I hope your New Year is filled with much joy.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: