<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Saturday, January 17, 2015

January Memories

It's a nostalgic time of year for me.
I have lots of things to be thankful for, and so much to look forward to!


 And it's the time of year I share with my birth-mother.
We both have a January birthday.
If you would like to read my adoption story, it is available on my
sidebar.  Just look for the painting of the stork!



Having some of her play-things brings me so much joy!!


The past year has been full of surprises, lots of blessings, and lots of work.  But it was such a good year that I have to look back and say, I can't believe how quick it passed!




There were the purchases of some lovely old laces...






And the time spent with my church family and the Word:



And my hubby proved that yet again, he was the most perfect husband!!


Thank you honey for my new toy!!
And my thanks to my dear friends who over the year have blessed me with emails and lovelies, prayers and love.
Hugs and love to each of you!!!
Blessings too,
Doni

5 comments:

Ivy and Elephants said...

Happy birthday dear Doni! Your adoption story made my heart swell. God is so good!!!
It is always a pleasure to stop by and see what lovelies you have created.
Wishing you the best and happiest New Year!
Big hugs,
Patti

Betsy said...

Doni,
Happy Birthday to you my friend! I love your photos of your birth mom and her doll and all your lovely lovely laces... I just love looking at them. I adore your lace rosette made with doilies! It is just so beautiful! Did you show how you made those on your blog? I would love to see how you made them. Glad your year was so wonderful. Ours was good, challenging, and long, but it was good, and it ended so well!!! We are grateful for the challenges and the good!! The Lord carries us through it all.
Hugs,
Betsy

Cheri the Quilting Nanny said...

Hello Doni... nice to meet you! I found your blog on a mutual friend, Wilma, Shabby Royale's blog. You two have absolutely amazed me with fabric/lace books and I want to make one to. I document my projects on my own blog. I am following you via email and pinterest. Would you mind if I referred to your blog on my blog as I talk about my projects on my blog? I've been chatting with Wilma this week as I found her on the Grow Your Blog blog hop. Just let me know!

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Happy Birthday!!! And oh I love your new machine! I love the curves of it... Lovely just like a lady. Just wanted you to know that I am thankful for you too my friend. Here's to a wonderful year ahead. Hugs, Beverly

Anonymous said...

Your blog is beautiful all the laces, bling, blings. Your sewing machine is that push button . My friend bought one a month or so. She said it was on sale best choices she purchased compared to way back of her first sewing machine. Being a seamstress.

I enjoy dropping in when I am not busy myself into the life of my Imagination pages of all my things and people I like to see of theirs and yours. Yes your right I to look and change to my way of doing similar . Sometimes I am in awe as how artsy people are. Some look so simple but try and do it. makes your wheels turn. Tried last night to make a tag holder with cards. After trying. I guess my envelopes are not big enough as where I want to place it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: