<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Friday, October 17, 2014

Playing With My Laces Again

Doesn't it feel wonderful this time of year??
Those of us in the northern hemisphere are experiencing cooler temperatures as we get to fall weather, and those of you in the southern hemisphere are warming up and having spring!
I love both times of year, but fall it seems is just a place to take a breath and relax.

Here in the US we celebrate Columbus Day in October, and though I may be a bit late (it was this past Monday), I'd like to share a bit of Columbus with my laces!



Lace cuffs are some of my very favorite things to collect.  I think they have an elegance as well as romantic flair to them.  I wonder about the women who might have worn them...were they teachers?  Were they ladies who strolled the streets and had tea with their friends?  Did they wear them every day or just for best? 


The red white and blue boxes are a pair I found on Etsy this summer.  I thought they would be perfect as a part of my collection, and I was not disappointed!  I love blues and reds, and creams too.  Just so many colors I love!


In the picture below you can see the glove box where I have placed some lace tape packages.  The graphics on the packages are lovely and ever so colorful!  I wish you could see them in person.  





As I was perusing through some children's books I found a piece on Christoper Columbus!




I want to think Columbus wore clothing that had fine laces at the neck...you do know that men wore laces right?  In fact the paintings of royalty show extravagant laces worn by the upper class gentlemen of previous eras.  But I'm glad they don't wear them today.  
My husband would look ridiculous in lace!!
(I hope he doesn't read that!!)





The brilliant blue of the jeweled buttons are so exciting!  
Although I have lately been interested in my watercolors, I haven't lost my zeal for the laces!
I've even tried painting some laces...but that hasn't turned out very nice...YET!!!
I believe lace will be something I will accomplish at some time, but not without a lot of practice!

I hope you have enjoyed seeing this post.
I know I enjoyed getting it ready for you!

Blessings to you!
Doni


4 comments:

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

What a lovely post Doni. As always I love your lace and your words always bring a smile to my face. So very happy to have found your post today. OH and like you I am so loving the Fall temps and there is something special about this time of the year. I always have this cozy happy at home with my family kind of feeling during Fall. Thank you for always being there Doni. Hugs, Beverly

Betsy said...

Doni,
The scripture is one of my favorites! Our land needs healing...more every year. If only more of us recognized that turning to Him would bring the healing we all desire...thanks for including that. Beautiful laces and cream white and blue everything!! So gorgeous. You dishes are delightful, as well!
hugs,
Betsy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I do love the blue and cream. You have a pretty collection of lace.
warmly,
deb

SarahGeorge said...

Your blog is a shabby chic treasure trove Doni. Like your new cute findings very much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: