<>

Pearls and Lace, My Favorites!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Hydrangeas!

Do you ever get soooo busy you can't even post on your blog?
Then again, I think I can't do so if I don't have some pretty pictures to share...
So with that in mind, I'd like to share my pretty hydrangeas with you!
My first ever, grown at the house, glorious hydrangeas!


My photography skills get a big fat FAIL today, but at least I got some pics of them.
I will be drying them upside down, so I hope they hold this color for awhile.
Anybody have any failproof ways of drying??





I also wanted to show off my new vase too!  It's NOT vintage, nor is it antique.  But it's new to me, and I LOVE the gorgeous flowers and birds...butterflies and colors!!


I also wanted to let you know that I'm planning to have Pearls and Lace Thursday this week!!
Be sure and watch for my post on Wednesday and join me for the party!
Here is a sneak peek of what I'll be sharing:



Wishing you all a lovely and safe Memorial Day Weekend.
Blessings, Doni

Mosiac Monday at
http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/
Today's Thrifty Treasures at
Blue Monday at
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at
Metamorphosis Monday
Just Something I Whipped Up
Knick of Time Tuesday
Teacup Tuesday at
Victoria Tuesday at
Tuesday Tea for Two at
Teatime Tuesday at
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday at
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday at
Tea Cup Tuesday at
2nd Time Around Tuesday at
White Wednesday
What's It Wednesday
Whatever You Want Wednesday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Minute for Me Thursday
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Open House Party
Home Sweet Home
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday
It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Frugalicious Friday
A Crafty Soiree
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Inspiration Friday
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Flaunt It Friday
Pink Saturday
Sew Darn Crafty







7 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

They are so pretty,the colours are so pastel. I usually dry blooms etc upside down,but I have tried standing them in glycerine. I think the hanging is best though.
Your vase is so beautiful too. :)

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

HPS! 4th Year!


Love these flowers! Are you making anything crafty with them?
Perhaps preserving or pressing them?



Gabriela

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Hello Doni, I wanted to come by and thank you ever so kindly for visiting my blog. I have enjoyed my visit with you today. I love your Hydrangeas. They are my absolute favorite flowers. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Beverly

Laura Rhodes said...

Absolutely love your flowers! So very pretty and love the colors. Love the vase too! You were blessed to get such a vase. Love birds and butterflies! Thanks for sharing! Love, Laura

NickiLee said...

Your hydrangeas are so very pretty! I have grown them for years and have found that I just leave them standing in the vase - let the water eventually evaporate and the flowers will dry out completely in their orginal color. Also, you vase is gorgeous!

Marsha said...

The only success I've had drying hydrangeas is to wait til fall. It has to do with the "sap" in the stems going back to the roots. I cut them and hung them upside down in a dark and dry place. The blossoms remained just like when I picked them. I had to water the plants all summer long so they didn't dry out. The way to tell if the plant is drying out is to watch the leaves. When they start to wilt, give them lots of water.

Anonymous said...

Doni my Mom used to pick those flowers from the garden being a English gal. She loved them.

I never knew you could dye them. Oh if she was alive. She would be so impressed what you have done.

Oh love the vase as well.

I have a blogger friend who is doing wood carving and cut classing. Your vase would be beautiful for her to do but very ted-is work to do I imagine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some of my very favorite posts: